BIG Xll United

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports BIG Xll United

• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated by mexman.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I think we all can live with that.That is all.

It’s Big 12.

And no, no one needs any sort of message from a college athletics conference.

The times they are a-changin’.  And I for one couldn’t be happier.

If no one needs any sort of message from a college athletics conference, then you can’t support their  statements or messages on academic achievements, or work in the community, or anything else that doesn’t occur between the lines.

Wow.

So if we don’t accept political statements we can’t accept the actual good things the team does in the community? Is this what you are saying Greg?

I meant : is this what you are saying Kevin?

I don’t see a statement about unity, or advocating against racism, as political, any more than I see a statement about violence against women being in that context.

That said, we’re not trying to change anyone’s opinion here. If you are for or against something, that’s your personal choice. I was simply responding to the statement that read:

“no one needs any sort of message from a college athletics conference”

My thought was that if you don’t want any sort of message from a league, then you can’t logically celebrate ones you consider acceptable from ones that you don’t.

That’s as far as my statement went.

Problem here is that this statement has become political and polarizing.  Even if you agree with it, the radicals have hijacked the movement and now it’s out of hand.  From one end it’s anarchy, rioting to cancel culture if you don’t totally agree with even their out of reality statements.  On the other end if you do agree, you don’t agree enough.

Kevin, you are completely wrong that you have to agree with all or nothing.

So….. let’s take this to the PR board and just talk about football.  No statements needed.

The entire messaging, as usual, has been hijacked by, and let’s label it correctly, EXTREMISTS.

The issues being “raised” exist, without question. If you debate that your ignorance precludes you from meaningful input.

The hijacking has destroyed the message. Sadly MLK Jr doesn’t seem to exist in 2020. Opportunists, extremists and the like rule the day.

It’s sad to watch the extraordinarily racist side of WV show it’s true colors during these times.

Grow up, have empathy, read a little and relax.

Neither side is correct… NEVER FUCKING ARE!!!!

Accept other views, try to understand. Don’t have to agree but to spew venom immediately is 1) childish 2) uneducated  3) inhuman. Those that see the opposite of you and I are every bit entitled to their views as we are. This is not a Hitler versus the world moment.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports BIG Xll United