Good stuff from Bruce Tall on Lamonte McDougle

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Good stuff from Bruce Tall on Lamonte McDougle

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Matt Keller Matt Keller .

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Assistant Coach (Defensive Line) Bruce Tall

On what goes into playing a true freshman:
    It was a process. We tried to bring him along. I don’t believe that he (freshman defensive lineman Lamonte McDougle) was ready early, because of the mental part of the game, understanding it. We were grooming him. Clearly some of the things he did warranted him to be the starter and he progressed fast enough that I felt comfortable, especially coming off of a bye week, that I could put him in there and let him role.

On positives and negatives of having a shorter nose guard:
    Most people, they think because of the length, or lack of length, however you want to put it, that you will have better leverage. A short guy can play tall and a tall guy can play short. It is all a matter of how you bend and put yourself in position to do those things. He (freshman defensive lineman Lamonte McDougle) really, if you watch him come out of his stance, is very good at exploding off of his hips. He utilizes his leverage really well.

On freshman defensive lineman Lamonte McDougle’s quickness:
    He has a knack. If you watch some of the drills that I utilize in practice, the flip-to-hip drills and stuff, he is as natural as there is. It’s like ‘you see what he is doing? Do that.’ Well, some guys they can’t. That’s why they stand on the wall when it is time to dance at night.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Good stuff from Bruce Tall on Lamonte McDougle