Kittie Blakemore: ‘She Was An Amazing Person And She’ll Never Be Forgotten’

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Kittie Blakemore: ‘She Was An Amazing Person And She’ll Never Be Forgotten’

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by Greg HunterGreg Hunter.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

One of the pioneers in West Virginia University athletics is gone. Kittie Blakemore, who passed away this week at the age of 91, was the Mountaineers’
    [See the full post at: Kittie Blakemore: ‘She Was An Amazing Person And She’ll Never Be Forgotten’]

Sorry I missed this post – great write up Greg.  Kittie was a wonderful lady and I feel fortunate to have known her during my years at WVU.  Driven, helping and compassionate are words that I would use to describe her as well as lively and funny. Her hard work implementing women’s athletics at WVU laid the foundation for programs today.

Truly a great lady and true Mountaineer.

Rip – I’m glad you enjoyed the story. Kittie was certainly a great lady, and the mark she left on WVU athletics is one few truly appreciate.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Kittie Blakemore: ‘She Was An Amazing Person And She’ll Never Be Forgotten’