WVU, College Sports Can’t Follow Pro Lead In Return To Play

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU, College Sports Can’t Follow Pro Lead In Return To Play

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by Kevin KinderKevin Kinder.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

College sports played follow the leader in the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic, but they can’t do so as they attempt to get back to the fields and
    [See the full post at: WVU, College Sports Can’t Follow Pro Lead In Return To Play]

JAL

College dwarfs pros in the number of teams and players they have.  I agree, no way they follow the pro lead.

I was in KC for the men’s tournament.  Attended the opening round Wednesday and during the first game we learned no fans the rest of the tournament.  Next morning we learned no tournament.  I still think they could played the tournament with fans and no ill effects.

JAL,

It may have been that the tournament could have been played without a major spread, but that’s a question we’ll never know the answer to. It might also have been the flashpoint for a spread back to numerous areas of the country when fans went home. KCLive, even moreso than the arena itself, is the perfect environment for spreading.

According to reports at the time, there had been four positive cases in the county, but that was of course before any testing had been done on the general population had been done.

This was definitely erring on the side of safety, but when the state of emergency went into effect, that plus the Rudy Gobert foolishness zapped it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU, College Sports Can’t Follow Pro Lead In Return To Play