WVU-Koenning Separation Agreement

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU-Koenning Separation Agreement

• This topic has 24 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated by Ccteam.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author

In response to our Freedom of Information Act request on July 22, West Virginia University has released the separation agreement between the school an
    [See the full post at: WVU-Koenning Separation Agreement]

Kevin, Bullshat to WVU response, unacceptable!

Why didn’t WVU state same 7 weeks ago, there’s absolutely garbage in this University that needs taken out.

And VK was not it!

Amen…WVEer

How did we ever live before FOI?

Money grow on trees in Motown?
    600,000 for no return
    How much to the law firm?
    CYA is expensive!

I didn’t see any detail about the investigation. So Kevin how did you surmise that Mr.Koenig did not deny any or the allegations?

He did not make any such statements publicly, so that was the basis for the statement.

I wish WVU had been more open on the response. I understand it’s a fine line between protecting students and employees, and using those laws as a shield to being more open.

Unfortunately, most agreements of this sort these days are protected behind similar court rulings, laws and the like, and we don’t have the money to fight another legal battle to try to overturn them.

All this over a player tweet thinking he was being disrespected.  Should have been handled differently.

No worries Kevin. I just see the same thing in media all the time. That one sentence makes the implication that he was guilty ( you don’t deny it your guilty)  when we don’t know what really happened. And the fact he was still allowed to communicate with the players and their families is telling.

The crucial point here is that this whole scenario didn’t happen in a vacuum! In today’s society there are too many variables in play in relation to the actual act(s)! Political correctness, racial justice, social intercourse, liabilities, job securities, financial issues, etc. etc. ad Nauseum add to the final decisions of those responsible.
    As Fernando says, “I’d rather look good than to feel good”!
    Or maybe as in this case, “I’d rather look good than be good”!😁

Why the anger and finger pointing?

It seems rather simple:

1) he said she said scenario

2) volatile climate

3) wasn’t a head coach

4) big picture it’s pesnuts

5) best to move on for all parties and nobody smeared

why the anger?

Is it ugly Racism again? I hope not.

Amazing but our most passionate fans could be the downfall of the program during these bizarre times.

I really don’t want to get started on this.  What I will say is that if we as a society DO NOT get control of the extreme elements of our society on both sides of the spectrum, then what we’ve seen play out here with Vic and Kerry and many other similar instances elsewhere in the country, is going to become the norm and no longer the exception.

Summed up in the most basic of terms, we as a society are losing the ability to discuss things one on one, openly and honestly, and with a desired outcome to find middle ground.

In the absence of outside influences or “influencers”, you could take a set of people of mixed race, gender, religions, and sexual persuasions, put them on an island and present them with a variety of tasks and problems, and I’d bet my last dollar that they WOULD find a way to accomplish the tasks, solve the problems, and do it all without any sort of biased or acrimonious behaviors.

I agree mexman. Fans are blowing this up far too much.

“Is it ugly Racism again? I hope not.”

Here we go again!

Since you got by with this unfounded accusation, how about expounding on it!?

Where’s the racism!

Maybe you should give your definition of exactly what it is!?

So because Koenig wasn’t the Head Coach….Nothing to see here move along…really Mex? I’ll bet Vic Koenig doesn’t think it was “peanuts “.

No worries Kevin. I just see the same thing in media all the time. That one sentence makes the implication that he was guilty ( you don’t deny it your guilty)  when we don’t know what really happened. And the fact he was still allowed to communicate with the players and their families is telling.

You make a good point. I should have worded the article differently, and said that he publicly did not deny it.

I also agree that it is easy to assume guilt where it doesn’t exist, and I didn’t mean to do that. I was recapping what was in the FOIA results and adding some other observations, and that one read wrong. Lesson learned.

Also, I really appreciate the reasoned discussion here. This is obviously a tough topic tht sparks varying viewpoints, and that we can share them — perhaps in the way that MI describes — is encouraging.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU-Koenning Separation Agreement