10 Early Enrollees And 4 Departees

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports 10 Early Enrollees And 4 Departees

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TimboWVU76 .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

10 Early Enrollees And 4 Departees MORGANTOWN, W.Va.–The Mountaineer football program signed 20 prospects to National Letters of Intent during the new
    [See the full post at: 10 Early Enrollees And 4 Departees]

Losing the OL and DL hurts. We are thin in numbers on both sides of the line ….. and have been for years IMO. Raulerson and Shriner on the OL with Raulerson in the 2deep this year hurts. Harvey on the DL leaving hurts our depth also. Filling those holes this late in the game will be hard.

If we can’t get the numbers up to be able to fill the gaps when things like this happen, this program will never become elite. It all starts up front.

Depth is definitely an issue on both sides.

Looking at the offensive line, I doubt WVU will have more then eight total next year who have the ability to play at a Big 12 level, and that is giving the benefit of the doubt that Isaiah Hardy Chase Behrndt and Jacob Buccigrossi will be ready. Sounds like Behrndt and Buccigrossi are each close, but neither has played much to this point. I wouldn’t be stunned by a grad transfer or juco transer

I think things will be a little better in the defensive line. Donahue, Rose, McDougle and Shuler are all experienced and should be a year better. Darius Stills saw a good bit of time this past year and hopefully will be a nice contributor. Jeffrey Pooler and Brenon Thrift (a transfer from Penn State) are wildcards. Gibbie has praise Thrift this past year while he was sitting out, so hopefully that is to more. That’s seven, and would be enough, and it doesn’t count the true freshmen, one or two who should be able to help a little next fall. So, at eight, that’s a pretty good number, but the quality of that depth is still something we need to see.

Depth is definitely an issue on both sides.

Looking at the offensive line, I doubt WVU will have more then eight total next year who have the ability to play at a Big 12 level, and that is giving the benefit of the doubt that Isaiah Hardy Chase Behrndt and Jacob Buccigrossi will be ready. Sounds like Behrndt and Buccigrossi are each close, but neither has played much to this point. I wouldn’t be stunned by a grad transfer or juco transer

I think things will be a little better in the defensive line. Donahue, Rose, McDougle and Shuler are all experienced and should be a year better. Darius Stills saw a good bit of time this past year and hopefully will be a nice contributor. Jeffrey Pooler and Brenon Thrift (a transfer from Penn State) are wildcards. Gibbie has praise Thrift this past year while he was sitting out, so hopefully that is to more. That’s seven, and would be enough, and it doesn’t count the true freshmen, one or two who should be able to help a little next fall. So, at eight, that’s a pretty good number, but the quality of that depth is still something we need to see.

If there were ever a time to go out and bring in a number of JC OL, this is it. Don’t know how many we would be allowed given the new rules on recruiting numbers, but we need to take advantage of all we can even if it means passing over the last few skill positions we were looking to fill to get the OL (and DL) numbers to a respectable number.

Why would there be a picture of a baseball pitcher attached to this article?

I get it, the former pitcher walk on.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports 10 Early Enrollees And 4 Departees