109 points most ever by an opponent.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports 109 points most ever by an opponent.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ccteam .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

In the coliseum, and of all schools it was Coastal Carolina that will get to post that.

I guess that’s the cherry on top of this season, although this group really was playing very well together down the stretch and into the big 12 tournament.  I really didn’t see 109 points coming in this form with this group, but it goes to show you how important putting in the work in preparation for games becomes.  Coastal was ready to party with a Power 5 opponent in their house and WVU just wanted to shoot around in the gym like they’re at the YMCA.

Would this game have been different had Culver started the first half?  Maybe, maybe not.  It’s hard to beat a team that never misses and they were at one point 79% shooting in the second half, but that also goes to show you how comfortable they were shooting.  Nobody and I mean NOBODY made Coastal Carolina uncomfortable.  They carved through WVU like a hot knife through butter.

The 2019-2020 season is going to be better and I hope these guys stare at that 109 for the entire off season as motivation.

"Confidence is a lot of this game or any game. If you don't think you can, you won't. "

- Jerry West

Horrendous defense by WVU. Yes, CC made shots, and some were a bit improbably. They aren’t going to shoot 58% from the field again in the next ten years. But West Virginia’s defense had a lot to do with it.

Imagine scoring 91 points at home and still losing by 18. In regulation even.

It was kind of like a shootaround. At one point in the second half CC was on pace for 125 points.

You could tell at about the 7 min mark that CC “let up” on us.

Confounding lack of effort last night. Thought these guys were past that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports 109 points most ever by an opponent.