70th Anniversary of the WVU Mountainlair(s)

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports 70th Anniversary of the WVU Mountainlair(s)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Butlereer Butlereer .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Greg Hunter
    Greg Hunter
    Muskets:

Gom66
    Muskets:

The New Mountainlair opened on October 27, 1967 With a 100 print photography exhibit, Centennial Camerama. I’m proud to say one of those prints was mine.

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets:

Nice! Do you have a link to it you can show us?

I spent far too much time hanging out on either the old front steps and the Lair Plaza.

Gom66
    Muskets:

No link, just an old newspaper print of the picture I took.  My grandmom, who lived on Wilson Ave., was feed chocolate candy to April  the little girl who lived nextdoor.  You can’t see it in this old pic, but April was covered in chocolate.

Grandmom&April 001

Shepherdstown
    Shepherdstown
    Muskets:

I have very fond memories of the Lair. Saw the Beatles Let it Be movie (which is hard to get nowadays) and the funniest movie I ever saw, Freebie and the Bean. Also Hs the pleasure of seeing Jim Comstock with both arena in a cast, and Linus Pauling, along with Roy Buchanan concert.

Also remember Dr. Eldoonie who either sold funnel cakes or did balloon animals or such.

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets:

Concerts in the upstairs ballroom. Bowling downstairs. Remember when they opened the lounge downstairs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports 70th Anniversary of the WVU Mountainlair(s)