Aiming For Titles

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Aiming For Titles

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NoPittyHere .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Aiming For Titles MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — Coming off its regular season finale against Kentucky in which it posted a season-high team score of 4723, it m
    [See the full post at: Aiming For Titles]

Thanks, Kevin!

Have never attended a match, but would like to take my son to the NC event. Can you provide details to us at some time before the event? Not only ticket prices, parking, etc., but etiquette?

It’s amazing that WVU can put together a #1 contender in this sport year after year after year.

Here’s the ticket details:

https://wvusports.com/news/2019/1/15/tickets-on-sale-for-ncaa-rifle-championships.aspx

Parking is free at the Coliseum.

As for etiquette, it’s reserved, but not dead quiet like at golf. There’s not a lot of reaction other than in the individual finals, as the competitors get knocked out.

The athletes are so zeroed in that they block out everything around them, but there’s no screaming  I’ve ever heard, and I’ve been to several conf championships and national title events. But you can talk, watch the action as shots are displayed on screen. You can also go in and out on the same ticket each day, as both Friday and Saturday are lengthy with eight teams of five competitors each plus eight individual qualifiers in both air rifle and smallbore, followed by the knockout rounds for the individual titles.

I do urge everyone who can go to come check it out, and please let me know if you are so I can come say hello.

I’ll also be at the GARC championships in Akron this Fri Sat.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Aiming For Titles