An Open Letter to Sagaba Konate

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports An Open Letter to Sagaba Konate

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Butlereer Butlereer .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Bob Hertzel
    Muskets: 4,754

An Open Letter to Sagaba Konate An open letter to Sagaba Konate: Dear Sags, Perhaps that is a bit too familiar, to call you Sags, but that’s what most
    [See the full post at: An Open Letter to Sagaba Konate]

major11
    Muskets: 5,905

I agree one more year will help him be
    Drafted even higher.

Martin Dodrill
    Muskets: 7,590

how can you blame the kid….he is from the poorest country in the world and has 13 siblings. I can understand why he wants to make some money in Europe

Oldguyeer
    Oldguyeer
    Muskets: 8,160

No one is blaming the kid, and everyone understands the financial situation. But if he comes back for one more year, he might play in the NBA, not Europe.

Ccteam
    Muskets: 68,349

Mr. Konate,
    I am in no place to advise you on what you should do. I just want to express my appreciation for the chance to watch you play and see the development and progress you have made in your time in Morgantown. I believe you can continue to progress even more with one more year in Morgantown. Maybe even enough to become a first round NBA draft choice with guaranteed money. But you have way more information on that than I do. And you know your financial situation, and your own mind. I do hope to see you continue your development at WVU. But I just want to again take the time to say thanks for bringing your talent to my favorite team, and wish you the best in the future, no matter what you decide is best for you.

Allen
    Allen
    Muskets: 0

As long as no agent is involved, he will return. I am sure he is gettinga good evaluation on what he needs to work on. Unless of course some team gets in his ear and says they can use him.

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets: 82,060

No one is blaming the kid, and everyone understands the financial situation. But if he comes back for one more year, he might play in the NBA, not Europe.

I don’t buy the financial situation scenario. The Konate siblings have been living with their AAU coach in Hermitage, PA. (New Castle).
    They all got scholarships because of BB. They all got an education. At this time Sags seems the most likely to have a legit shot at the next level, but the rest still have a degree to fall back on. It’s not like they are living in poverty.

Sags may want to make money to send back home, but that can wait for another year when he has a chance to make guaranteed 1st round big bucks instead of getting mid 2nd and maybe not much guaranteed. Even worse with the development needed he may not last more than a year then sent back to the G league or have to play overseas.

Do you go for it now or make your foundation much more solid and hit the home run?

Here’s a link to an article from last year about the family.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/college/2017/03/24/Point-Park-Konate-basketball-West-Virginia-Minnesota/stories/201703240017

One more

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/college/2017/03/24/Point-Park-Konate-basketball-West-Virginia-Minnesota/stories/201703240017

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports An Open Letter to Sagaba Konate