Baker Mayfield leads Browns comeback victory

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Baker Mayfield leads Browns comeback victory

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cuyahoga Falls Eers .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield came into the game late in the 2nd quarter when the starting QB went out with a concussion, trailing 14-0.

Browns out-scored Jets 21-3 from that point on with Mayfield catching a 2-point conversion pass, too.

First Browns victory since 2016.

Methinks Mayfield may start the next game for the Browns. And the rest of the season. He was awesome.

Baker Mayfield came into the game with only 1:42 remaining in the second half and the Browns down, 14-0.

He immediately led the drive downfield for a field goal before halftime.

Then he took over in out-scorning the Jets, 21-3.

The job is his for the rest of the season and beyond.

Big 12 magic works in the NFL, too.

Thanksfully, no longer against my alma mater.

If you want to read the story in the Akron newspaper, go to http://akronbeaconjournal.oh.newsmemory.com/?token=e5f3bb0a588c40dd7e8b78b4d6045125_5ba50076_d8a4&selDate=20180921&utm_source=emailMarketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email+stats

It reminded me of Pat White coming into and saving the Louisville game after the starting QB went down with injury.

Now, on to Mountaineer Field and out-foxing that wily old man on the other side of the field.

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14
    O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17
    U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence
    N uke Kansas State if Mother Nature doesn’t plan another calamity
    T errorize Texas Tech
    A nnihilate Kansas
    I ncinerate Iowa State
    N ail Baylor
    E rectile dysfunction Texas
    E lectrify TCU
    R eam Oklahoma State
    S laughter Oklahoma

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets:

I just talked to my friends in Cleveland. They said they are shocked by the W. They think Mayfield will be their saving grace form the curse of 1st round QB picks in the last 10 years.

I just talked to my friends in Cleveland. They said they are shocked by the W. They think Mayfield will be their saving grace form the curse of 1st round QB picks in the last 10 years.

Cleveland fans are dancing in the streets over Baker Mayfield becoming their savior. The long nightmare is over.

Now Baker can torment the Steelers instead of my alma mater.

And I will be a happier man in Mountaineer Field on Saturday, particularly if we can out-smart that wily old man coaching the other team. Fear the septuagenarian!

T errorize Texas Tech
    A nnihilate Kansas
    I ncinerate Iowa State
    N ail Baylor
    E lectrify TCU
    R eam Oklahoma State
    S laughter Oklahoma

Greg Hunter
    Greg Hunter
    Muskets:

I wasn’t certain Mayfield’s game would translate into the NFL, just like Patrick Mahomes, but both have looked very good in the pros so far. I saw it on Twitter earlier today, so I can’t lay claim to it being my original thought, but they said they better Mayfield and Mahomes perform in the NFL, the more Will Grier’s stock goes up, because it does show spread quarterbacks, especially those from the Big 12 which previously didn’t have a great track record in producing NFL QBs, can be successful in the NFL. I thought that made sense.

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets:

Grier’s Heisman chances go up with every W. Just beat OU and see how high it will go.

Grier’s Heisman chances go up with every W. Just beat OU and see how high it will go.

From your typing fingers to God’s ears. Or should I say God’s Eers?

T errorize Texas Tech
    A nnihilate Kansas
    I ncinerate Iowa State
    N ail Baylor
    E lectrify TCU
    R eam Oklahoma State
    S laughter Oklahoma

If you to read an article about Baker Mayfield by Terry Pluto, one of the best sportswriters and sports authors in America, go to https://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2018/09/baker_mayfields_time_has_come.html Pluto also has written many books about the Cavaliers and the Browns. He used to write a chapter to his next book while riding the plane to the next Cavs game with the players. He was my co-worker at the Akron Beacon Journal, after he left the Cleveland Dealer, and then returned to the Plain Dealer after about a decade in Akron.

I think Will Grier, if he stays healthy, has a chance to surprise and dazzle an NFL team, too. But, for now, I just want him to dazzle the Big 12 rivals and get my alma mater into the national playoffs.

T errorize Texas Tech
    A nnihilate Kansas
    I ncinerate Iowa State
    N ail Baylor
    E lectrify TCU
    R eam Oklahoma State
    S laughter Oklahoma

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Baker Mayfield leads Browns comeback victory