Battle Of Wills Playing Out For WVU Hoops

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Battle Of Wills Playing Out For WVU Hoops

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Butlereer Butlereer .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Battle Of Wills Playing Out For WVU Hoops MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — Bob Huggins is laying the gauntlet down to his basketball team. He’s seen all he wants t
    [See the full post at: Battle Of Wills Playing Out For WVU Hoops]

Loved the Harangody/Thoroughman battle that night.  Harangody was, to me, the epitome of the player you hated playing against you and wished played for you.  If those 2 had been on the same side and in at the same time, Heaven help the opposition.

“There Will Be Blood”

JAL

Thoroughman was a player who made the most out limited skills

What player is the “drive it left” story referencing?

Missing on the people you recruited.

What player is the “drive it left” story referencing?

Not sure on the ID, because I’m not sure which play Huggs was referencing. There were a couple such instances “late in the game”, but that too is open to interpretation.

The bigger question is, does Huggs follow through on these statements?

Sometimes Huggs pulls out a single play or instance and focuses on it to make his point that the kids just aren’t listening to the game plan. May not be one player, but multiple plays throughout the game. I would certainly hope that Huggs lays down the gauntlet on some of these experienced players. Either get your head into the game 100% and follow the plan as laid out by the coaching staff or take a seat at the end of the bench.

“If they think they are stronger-minded than I am, if they think they are tougher than I am, they’ve got a long, long way to go.” ~Bob Huggins

I cringed when I read this, no one wins at this game.

I disagree. When Huggs has to say that he’s saying that if you don’t do it the way it is supposed to be done, if you don’t play the game for the team, you won’t play.

We have 3 starters from last year (actually 4 if you count Esa/West, Harris, Sags) that should be leading this team. NONE are. It’s obvious that they are playing for themselves.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Battle Of Wills Playing Out For WVU Hoops