Becht Sees Tight End Advantages For WVU

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Becht Sees Tight End Advantages For WVU

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Kinder Kevin Kinder .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Becht Sees Tight End Advantages For WVU MORGANTOWN — When Anthony Becht, who is probably the best tight end ever to play at West Virginia, first heard
    [See the full post at: Becht Sees Tight End Advantages For WVU]

I love it that we are bringing back the TE as an integral part of the O. Love to see them catch it over the middle and run right thru the LB’s.

Well, we’ll see. We have heard this before, although maybe it was blown out of proportion a bit last year. The numbers are defnitiely there, and it will be interesting to see the balancing act that’s drawn. Don’t want to take away from the WR chances, and RB could be more diverse if Sinkfield is as advertised.

The dominant teams win because they get the best players. When you can’t recruit the best players you have to look for an edge in other ways. Having an offense that is a little different is one of those edges. Whether you have a tight end or not doesn’t matter if the best tight end you can get isn’t good enough.

We did recruit 2 good TE’s this class
    TJ Banks is Rivals 4* and Scout has him as a high 3*
    O’Laughlin is a very high 3* on Rivals and Scout.

Somebody must have put their foot on the scales at the Scout weigh in. 😉

Agreed, and what I like about Banks and O’Laughlin is that they can be flexed out as slot receivers or even lined up wide to create a mismatch. They probably aren’t in the mix a ton this year, but it’s a great path for the future.

Haskins could give a bit of that this year too. Every time I see these guys, I think of Jace Amaro at Texas Tech.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Becht Sees Tight End Advantages For WVU