Big 12 ONE point from clean sweep

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Big 12 ONE point from clean sweep

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  wvucinci .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

of first 8 games that ended Saturday. Iowa State lost to Iowa by 1 point. Only loss of first 8 games. Texas Tech game has long way to go to finish.

Friday, September 13

Kansas 48, Boston College 24

Saturday, September 14

West Virginia 44, North Carolina State 27

Kansas State 31, Mississippi State 24

Oklahoma State 40, Tulsa 21

Iowa 18, Iowa State 17

TCU 34, Purdue 13

Oklahoma 48, UCLA 14

Texas 48, Rice 13

10:30 p.m., Texas Tech at Arizona, ESPN

Well, came up two short with Texas Tech dropping the game at Arizona, but still a pretty good  showing. And nice to see the ACC take the collar on the day.

The ACC is a pretty bad football conference right now. VT has now struggled with Old Dominion and Furman.

ACC doesn’t do well OOC vs P5.

BC L to Kansas

Pitt L to PSU

NCSt L to WVU

GT L to The Citadel

VT barely got by Furman 24-17

Others.  Lvlle over WKU, Miami over Bethune-Cookman, Duke over MTSU  —  not very tough opponents for the W.

Wake played UNC, Cuse vs Clemson, FSU vs UVA.

I don’t want to get ahead of myself after only 3 games.  I don’t think we can beat Oklahoma.  After them the 2 best remaining teams, imo, are still Texas and Iowa State.  We at least have them at home.  But Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor, TCU, TT, OK State could all be either wins or losses.  Out of those 6 I think our best chance for W’s are against Kansas, Baylor, and TT.  Before yesterday I would have switched TT and TCU but I watched the TT vs Arizona game and, at least against Arizona, TT did not look as good as I thought they would.  TCU, against weaker opposition, still looked better than I thought they would before I watched them.

Most important game of the season is next week’s game against Kansas.  We need that victory on the road to give ourselves our best chance for 6 or more wins and to continue the momentum and improvement shown against NC State.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Big 12 ONE point from clean sweep