Big 12’s Bob Bowlsby: ‘I expect we’ll have a chance to be able to start the football season close to on time’

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Big 12’s Bob Bowlsby: ‘I expect we’ll have a chance to be able to start the football season close to on time’

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated by Butlereer.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Big 12’s Bob Bowlsby: ‘I expect we’ll have a chance to be able to start the football season close to on time’ Prior to March 7, Big 12 Conference comm
    [See the full post at: Big 12’s Bob Bowlsby: ‘I expect we’ll have a chance to be able to start the football season close to on time’]

Unbelievable that his first comment had to be a plug for ESPN+.  If you ask the average fan, not the avid fans that are on these types of boards daily, but the average fan you would prolly find that they don’t care about ESPN+, don’t subscribe and some that do have problems with this fledgling streaming network because of it’s poor quality stream, hard to navigate, less than stellar announcers and poor production.  Bowlsby’s statement is like a political statement without fact.

Bowlsby – “If we’re playing games, I think our TV partners will want to be there with us. They’re as anxious to have live sports back on the air as anyone. In retrospect, we’re happy that we’ve gotten involved with a digital platform (ESPN+) that will allow us to play games when we want to and to be broadcast in ways that linear cable sometimes doesn’t permit you to be on.

In retrospect, I don’t know who the “we’re happy” people are.  Prolly just the minions in his office that have to cowtow to him to save their jobs.

On a positive note, he did say that if the B12 has classes, either in person or on line and the school is in session there will be FB.  That is encouraging.  Didn’t allude to just a conference schedule vs full schedule.  And said that it would be hard if we started classes after mid July.  But overall it sounds like he’ll try to put the schedule together.  Most would be OK with just 9 games and a Conf Championship game leading into the bowls.

My question would be what if the wackadoodles on the Left Coast decide not to have a season.  What if just a few of the schools decide to not have a season.  How does that affect the rest of the country?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Big 12’s Bob Bowlsby: ‘I expect we’ll have a chance to be able to start the football season close to on time’