Blue & Gold Classic Game Of The Week: 1989 Fiesta Bowl, West Virginia vs. Notre Dame

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Blue & Gold Classic Game Of The Week: 1989 Fiesta Bowl, West Virginia vs. Notre Dame

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  EERSGO .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Greg Hunter
    Greg Hunter
    Muskets:

Blue & Gold Classic Game Of The Week: 1989 Fiesta Bowl, West Virginia vs. Notre Dame This week we look back on West Virginia’s opportunity to play
    [See the full post at: Blue & Gold Classic Game Of The Week: 1989 Fiesta Bowl, West Virginia vs. Notre Dame]

wvulockerroom
    wvulockerroom
    Muskets:

I still cant watch that game.

Ccteam
    Muskets:

I have a policy to never go back and watch a loss. I get why coaches do it to learn from mistakes, but not sure why fans would want to.

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets:

I can still remember watching Major come off the field with his arm at an odd angle and realizing something was wrong. That was tough, but so too was the loss of Darrell Whitmore in the season finale. That caused a cascading shuffle in the WVU secondary that really hurt the defense — maybe even more than Major’s injury affected the offense.

Martin Dodrill
    Muskets:

Kevin is right. I was at that game ….then to Vegas to try and get rid of some depression. Now it’s time to watch the replay

jeanbeanwvu
    Muskets:

Nope, can’t watch it again! It was hard enough the first time!!!

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets:

I thought I read something years later were some of the ND players admitted they tried to take players out. Head down, high low, whatever it took. Hated ND then. Hate them now.

EERSGO
    Muskets:

I was at the game a lot of late hits on Notre Lame’s part.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Blue & Gold Classic Game Of The Week: 1989 Fiesta Bowl, West Virginia vs. Notre Dame