Breakout Stars:

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Breakout Stars:

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  WVFaninMI .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Offense – I’m going to go with a dark horse candidate here. Temple transfer at WR – S. Ryan

Defense – I want to say Cowan but I’m going to another LBer in J. Chandler.

That’s a good pick for offense. Hope his appeal to play is approved. I would go with TJ Banks as another if he’s healthy, but he has been limited all fall. We’ll watch for him as we view practice today.

Defense, Chandler is a much more safe pick. Cowan has all the talent he needs, but has to master the scheme and be consistent in execution. If he does he could be really good.

Another I’d throw in is Kwantel Raines. Maybe not a huge star yet, but really like his ability, and I think he ends up playing a lot this year.

My opinion, on offense it’s definitely Sam James.

Defensively, as Kevin said, Josh Chandler is the easy pick. I’d also say Taijh Alston.

I thought James was the “too easy” choice on offense.

I like the Raines pick on D.

O — Simmons….. I think he’ll sneak up on us.

D — Cowan.  ….. maybe Darius Stills.

Would love to see several (breakout stars) on both sides.  I believe we will also see teams that tend to over – achieve more often than not.

if he can stay healthy I think Tonkery will have a break out year and I think getting Stewart a bit off the line will let him stand out, not just be a pleasant surprise as he was last year.

I think Sills will find that center is his most natural position and will enable him to be 1st team B12 at that spot and slide right into the NFL at that position.  if they are thinking of moving Sills to center then I think John Hughes will give us the missing piece on the offensive line.

Great news, we have several prospects for 2019 Season.

Hey, like everyone else I get excited to see someone unexpected break out and have a memorable season.

What I want to see this year in particular are the groups that we EXPECT to do well actually perform to expectations.  I want to see the O-Line and RBs put the offense on their shoulders and carry this team to allow our QB and WRs to develop in a more structured way.  I want to see the D-Line and LBs terrorize the line of scrimmage to give our DBs the room to grow into their potential.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Breakout Stars: