Can This West Virginia Team Shoot?

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Can This West Virginia Team Shoot?

• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated by WVUAlumni2003WVUAlumni2003.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Can This West Virginia Team Shoot? NEW YORK — After eight games of the 2019-20 basketball season, the most confounding and perplexing question in the
    [See the full post at: Can This West Virginia Team Shoot?]

At this time this team can’t shoot. Doesn’t matter about the reason. They just aren’t making baskets. It’s a wonder that we’ve won the first 7 games.

definitely poor passing is causing bad shooting…. not getting the ball to a shooter in good position. McCabe had 4 assists in 12 minutes vs SJ …. I would like more time for him even though he is a D liability

JAL

WVU had not been a top shooting team for a decade. Shooters can’t think about the shot. Good shooting is reaction and form.

At this time this team can’t shoot. Doesn’t matter about the reason. They just aren’t making baskets. It’s a wonder that we’ve won the first 7 games.

Isn’t identifying the cause of a problem one of the first steps in fixing it?

If the issue is poor mechanics, then the coaches work on that with the players. If it’s taking bad shots, or not running the offense, or whatever, then a different fix is required, right? If it’s passing, as Deuce opined, then work on that with the toss-back.

I have heard Huggs say that there are guys playing that don’t know what to do. I believe once everyone is on the same page the shooting will get better.

I am glad that Huggs is playing these guys early on because, they will be needed later in the year and this gives those players a chance to figure it out.

Great article, Kevin. What I have presumed just from casual observation you have exposited with great perspicuity.

The guys playing are still thinking about right or wrong in the flow of the offense and the confidence level of feeling out the game is still a work in progress. We get hot shooters, but the team as a whole struggles. The glaring statistic from last game was the 22 turnovers and 40% shooting from the charity stripe. The FT’s have been inconsistent all year, some eye opening games of consistency, followed by bad games.

The turnover haven’t really been a historic issue, but it’s so hard to win when you rack up the turnovers at the rate WVU did on Saturday. That has a lot to do with poor passing, hesitant ball movement, and defense by the opponent.

They’re young, it’ll get better over time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Can This West Virginia Team Shoot?