Carter is the best WVU basketball player since…

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Carter is the best WVU basketball player since…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  wvulockerroom .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Not trying to overstate how well Carter playing but…how far do we have to go back to find a WVU basketball player better than JC? De’sean Butler?

I’d say Da’Sean as well, though that leaves out some very good ones in between like Kevin Jones and Juwan Staten.

I would agree with Butler, but let’s say they are equal (not far off)… then who?

Perhaps all the way back to Greg Jones? Is he a better all around player than Jones?

I started a topic last night saying that I now think JC will be drafted and stick in the NBA. He showed some things yesterday I had not seen before, primarily the running jumper with crazy elevation.

Man I just wish we had Esa, Macon and Culver to play alongside such a great leader/player. This team still has a shot to be special but man what could have been.

Is it me or we always going to be that team that is always one man shy?  Through the past 10 years or so, just think if Joe Alexander would have stayed, Butler not gotten hurt, Ebanks had stayed one more…..last years team had Williams…..this years team with Macon and Esa.  We always have next year….

Probably a dozen teams that feel that way. We’ve been pretty damn good consistently for about 14-15 years now

Probably a dozen teams that feel that way. We’ve been pretty damn good consistently for about 14-15 years now

And as always……. Wait till next year.
    I’ve said this for the last 5 years. …… Next year’s team will make a deep run. FF is in our tracks.

And to my defense, wait till next year. Sure we will lose Carter and Miles. But they are replaceable. Ball handlers Knapper and McCabe and shooter Doomis coming in at G’s. The D may not be as good, but O and ball handling will be OK.

Now…. add Culver and Gordon to the bigs without losing anybody….. (well maybe Esa) This team will be as deep as we’ve ever seen. It will be a battle for almost every starting position without drop off for the 2nd team.

Man, I feel the same way. We always seem to have 1 or 2 guys that dont play that we were counting on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Carter is the best WVU basketball player since…