Central Florida takes down Florida in bowl game

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Central Florida takes down Florida in bowl game

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Central, Cincinnati, BYU solid additions to Big 12. Houston not so much but could build its program with Big 12 membership. 

Um, Houston was 11-2 this year, and although I know you were just talking football it is a great men’s hoops addition too.

Football had five 10-plus win seasons over the last 16 years. 130 total wins over that period.

I’m slowly coming around to the new B12. At first I’ll admit I thought it was just a watered down version. It seems though, D1 college football has achieved a certain level of parity.

The new additions are quality teams. I also would have to admit the portal thing has had, in part, something to do with it.

I still believe it needs to be significantly reigned in though.

Imo B12 is much more stable now. May not have the elite OU and TX is overrated. 4 coming in are very good teams. Wish Memphis and USF were also in.
    BB is stronger.

Butler, I agree.  I too think that bigger is better.  The two you mentioned would move the conference to fourteen.  This would be, IMO,  good Est- West divisions.

I think the Big 12 responded very well to the treachery of Texas and OU.  I feel good about the future of the conference.  Hopefully, we can have some stability for 5 years or longer.

Thanks for the 2×4 to my brain. I need that every now and then. That makes the 4 additions even more exciting than I thought. I sure enjoyed Central Florida putting it to Florida even though the Gators were 6-6 like WVU.

Imo B12 is much more stable now. May not have the elite OU and TX is overrated. 4 coming in are very good teams. Wish Memphis and USF were also in.
    BB is stronger.

I’m fine with Memphis, but I’m not sold on USF.  I admit I’m struggling for another suggestion, but USF is just not a good fit, IMO.  Like you and others, I really think that overall the Big XII improved it’s stock with the “trades”.

The ONLY thing about swapping Oklahoma and Texas for Central Florida, BYU, Cincinnati and Houston is being forced into divisions like all the other conferences. I LOVE playing everyone! Only way to truly determine a champion. I’m guessing WVU, Central Florida and Cincinnati will be in the same division. Hell, a “road” game to Cincinnati, for me, will require about the same amount of travel as heading for Mountaineer Field. It will be interesting to see when Oklahoma and Texas stop being Big 12 members and when the new foursome start teeing off as conference members.

Lousiana? Coastal? AppySt?

I’d rather hold at what we have thsn add someone who’s been good (or even around) for only two years just for the sake of adding more.

I agree. I like the 12 we’ll have. Plus the total will match the conference name number again. 10 in 12 and 12 in 10 was confusing.

Nice win by UCF

100% agreed on the UCF win. And, of course, the Knights were 13-0 a couple of years ago. While losing OU is a blow in terms of quality, I don’t think that the Big 12 was crushed with this swap.

I agree. Big 12 made a good recovery from losing a marquee team like Oklahoma. Texas lately has been more reputation than performance even with all that oil wells money.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Central Florida takes down Florida in bowl game