CHUGS!?

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports CHUGS!?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Butlereer Butlereer .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

It appears that tOSU might find itself in sort of a pickle
    next year with the QB situation! With Marttell calling their
    bluff and transferring, and Georgia transfer possibly not
    getting the hardship, the only QB on their rosters with
    any playing time is none other than Chris Chuganov!
    Love to see him start!

I wish Chugs nothing but the best. I found him to be a very nice kid when I dealt with him last year, so even though he wasn’t necessarily a great quarterback, I wish him no ill-will. That said, I’d be stunned if he starts at Ohio State next year, unless in an emergency. With Tate Martell transferring out, the Buckeyes still have a very highly touted redshirt freshman in Matthew Baldwin on the roster. Baldwin will almost certainly be the starter if Georgia transfer Justin Fields isn’t granted immediate eligibility. Now Baldwin and Chugunov are the only scholarship quarterbacks on OSU’s roster, and the Buckeyes have not yet signed another quarterback for the class of 2019, so even if Baldwin is the starter, Chugs would be a twisted ankle away from taking over behind center for a team that will likely enter next season ranked in the top 5.

Given time in the pocket and not having to be that versatile elusive QB, Chugs may do well. tOSU always has a very good front 5 and RB’s to take pressure off the passing game. I’d also look for tOSU to go to the transfer market to get another QB that is eligible immediately.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports CHUGS!?