Concerning HCNB….

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Concerning HCNB….

• This topic has 29 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated by Butlereer.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Some of my friends who are actually not football stupid, cause many of them are, seem to think that in this coaching change carousel and with Kentucky’s upswing….that someone will pull Stoops away. That would not be a shock but they say they have read somewhere that UK in turn may come after HCNB. Yes he is a UK guy and all bbut think they will shoot higher than that. Personally I like HCNB but don’t think he has did enough here yet.

If Kentucky grabs Neal not many WVU fans will complain about that. Dip into the hot young coaches pool again.

Well, I would. But the lure of a previous school tie plus the SEC would be attractive as some level, I would think.

I certainly don’t want to lose Brown.

Any chance we can cut out a mile or two of the white space in this post?

Almost missed the response posts because of that.

Glad it just wasn’t me.OP may have passed out on the enter button.

My page is acting weird. Tried to edit it and no luck. Sorry folks.

Hey rev.  someone fixed it.  Glad I’m not the only one that has old man brain farts.

Fixed here too.  I was going to blame a cat

Looks like you are in the minority on this board cfe.  Losing Brown is not something I want either

I would also hate to see Brown leave. It appears that the present staff are good recruiters. To have a good team, there must be quality athletes. Regardless of what others may believe, I believe that Brown will become a quality coach, and I would hate to see him go elsewhere. But, IMO, unless the Mountaineers pony up, he will eventually leave for a SEC school.

At this point in time, he has received more negative reviews than positive ones. Too many of the fan base have been against him, and the QB Doege since the beginning.

Stewart got good classes, and since the Mountaineers entered the B-12, the classes have been so-so or bad.

We don’t yet know how well this class will be, but it appears that it will be the best one during the time the Mountaineers have been in the B-12.

I want what will bring W’s and respectability to my alma mater. If Neal can do it, fine. The name of the coach is meaningless to me. The results are everything. I just go by the numbers. And worst 3-year start in 40 years, I would think everyone would agree, are NOT good numbers. 

Changing a head coach this soon would be a disaster for the program.  He had nothing in the cupboard so his slow start is to be expected. His recruiting classes are impressive at this point.

Give Brown the time to achieve and I believe he will.

I think everyone doesn’t agree without your worthless “worst in 40 years” tired rant

I think there are more people tired of you bombing every post with the same shot at Brown than there are people who believe this is the worst stretch in 40 years

Stop the “nothing in the cupboard” canard!

The most common defense of Neal Brown is that he inherited a “terrible” roster.

One poster called it “worst roster of the 21st century.”

Let’s see if that’s true.

2018 roster, last one before Neal Brown, had

Freshman Bryce Ford-Wheaton, wide receiver

Freshman Leddie Brown, running back extraordinaire today

Freshman Jose Chandler-Semedo, linebacker

Sophomore Isaiah Esdale, wide receiver

Sophomore linebacker Dylan Tonkery

Sophomore safety Sean Mahone

Freshman kicker Casey Legg who rarely misses a field goal this season

Freshman Dante Stills defensive lineman

There are coaches who would give their right arm to have those players to build a team around.

Worst roster in 21st century? I don’t think so.

Nothing in the cupboard? I don’t think so.

I could win a NC with 8 players.  They might get tired though.

Hmmmmmm…..
    Forget to mention the OL?
    So,after 3 years, what should have happened in the program?
    EXACTLY WHAT?

You might be able to win in biddy league with 8 players

Or you just might prove you don’t know anything about the subject matter at any level

Deuce…..

Stop the “nothing in the cupboard” canard!

The most common defense of Neal Brown is that he inherited a “terrible” roster.

One poster called it “worst roster of the 21st century.”

Let’s see if that’s true.

2018 roster, last one before Neal Brown, had

Freshman Bryce Ford-Wheaton, wide receiver

Freshman Leddie Brown, running back extraordinaire today

Freshman Jose Chandler-Semedo, linebacker

Sophomore Isaiah Esdale, wide receiver

Sophomore linebacker Dylan Tonkery

Sophomore safety Sean Mahone

Freshman kicker Casey Legg who rarely misses a field goal this season

Freshman Dante Stills defensive lineman

There are coaches who would give their right arm to have those players to build a team around.

Worst roster in 21st century? I don’t think so.

Nothing in the cupboard? I don’t think so.

CFE, you just pointed out how depleted this team was when Brown took over.  7 position players worth their salt.  7  SEVEN ……  ‘That’s it.

Nobody on the OL.  No QB at all.  Only 1 DL.  1 DB  Couple LB’s that were injury prone.  And the WR’s didn’t evolve till  lately.

Then you have to look at the backups.  None.  Nada.  Zero.

Cupboard wasn’t only bare, in some instances it wasn’t even there.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Concerning HCNB….