Consolation Prize

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Consolation Prize

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Kinder Kevin Kinder .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

NoPittyHere
    Muskets: 27,445

WVU defeats St Joe’s in the consolation game in their tournament.

Man, what a rough weekend to be a Mountaineer fan. I mean, it’s one thing to suffer defeat at the hands of superior competition, but another thing altogether to have coaches blow a game in football against inferior foes that they had in their hip pocket; and players blow games in basketball, willy-nilly.

No amount of rainbows and rah-rahs can cover up the stench of this weekend.

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets: 101,825

One good thing about the BB game today. We did move the ball better than I’ve seen since the Beilein days. Many possessions where we moved the ball from side to side, inside out and back again to the open guy in the corner. 12 of the 19 assists came from our bigs. Lots of inside out play. Lots of passes in the paint. Sags back to playing in the paint almost the whole game.

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets: 8,975

Add in both soccer teams getting knocked out of the NCAAs and wrestling and volleyball losing, and only the rifle team salvaged something.

Been watching some of the Sunday bball game (we were in the air while it was live – figured WVU would be playing later) and agree with Butler. Passing was better, and especially both into and out of the post.

Now, not sure how good St. Joe’s is. Huggs thinks the Hawks will be good – have to see on that. But this was at least encouraging.

Ccteam
    Muskets: 86,614

Konate with 4 assists. Maybe he’s learning to look opposite corner when the double team comes. Knapper with 5 assists and only one turnover. Haley did ok. Offense was much improved. The defense is still not right. But I know Huggins can teach it. Question is how long will it take?

Ccteam
    Muskets: 86,614

I still have only seen part of one game, the exhibition with PSU. Will also be in place without cable Saturday. I hate ESPNU and ESPNNEWS, and my local cable which does not offer them.

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets: 8,975

Konate with 4 assists. Maybe he’s learning to look opposite corner when the double team comes. Knapper with 5 assists and only one turnover. Haley did ok. Offense was much improved. The defense is still not right. But I know Huggins can teach it. Question is how long will it take?

I would not think it’s going to be quick. Hopefully by the conference season there’s some consistency of improvement, but these are a lot of bad habits and lack of skills that aren’t easily overcome.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Consolation Prize