David Early

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports David Early

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Jeff Cobb Jeff Cobb .

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Is this true????  Rivals just changed his profile and he’s listed at 215 lbs.  247 still has him at 24o.  BGN at 230.

It was reported that he was slimming down to increase his mobility.  Anybody with ties to Beckley Prep know for sure?

Checking a couple of different avenues.

Add all 4 to get a total divide by 4 and you  get 233. Crazy I know.

Allen, that’s scary…..

Scary because only three weights are listed????? And we are dividing by 4?

Ummmm…..   Al buddy.  247 is the web site… 😉

David told me his has been working on several things, including his “conditioning, scoring, passing and the pick and roll.” He also said defense has been on his summer improvement list.

He didn’t respond as to his current measurements, which is certainly his option.

To be honest, I don’t think this is a big deal unless it affects his play negatively, which I don’t think it would. Even if he did drop some weight, he’s still a very strong and physical player.  I have a call in to someone else to ask about this too, but his comment about working on conditioning is encouraging.

David told me his has been working on several things, including his “conditioning, scoring, passing and the pick and roll.” He also said defense has been on his summer improvement list.

He didn’t respond as to his current measurements, which is certainly his option.

To be honest, I don’t think this is a big deal unless it affects his play negatively, which I don’t think it would. Even if he did drop some weight, he’s still a very strong and physical player.  I have a call in to someone else to ask about this too, but his comment about working on conditioning is encouraging.

Early, Killen.  Those two could be in the ’20 class depending on how the recruiting and their development goes.  I’m still looking at the 6 (maybe 7) slots to fill for this class.

Killen has not been offered a scholarship offer at this point.

Spoke with Early’s coach Cortez Brown. He confirmed that Early has dropped about 15 pounds, but noted that he is simply a thickly-built person whose strength and size is always going to be a part of his game. So, put him about 220 for now.

He didn’t say this, but I get the impression that there are people knocking Early for being too big. That’s ridiculous, IMO, becasue I don’t think those people have watched him play. His strong upper body is one of the things that allow him to get to the rim and score inside, which is part of what Brown called his “uncanny ability to score at all three levels” on the court.

At 220+/- that is a beast for a HS Sr at the G position.  He’ll have no problem fighting thru the mess at the next level if his handle is where we think it is.  It was reported last year that he was in the 245 range as a HS JR.  Now, that’s big….. LB size.  Slimming down while keeping his strength up and improving his footwork is something that most thought he needed to do.   I’m interested to see if his 3pt range is what was reported last year.

Does he have a committable offer from Huggs?    Kevin or Jeff ….. any comment here.

He was offered a scholarship two years ago. I am not sure if things have changed since then. Offers way in advance sometimes have a way of evaporating if the kid doesn’t progress as expected, i.e.  Levi Cook.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports David Early