Dee-Fense! Dee-Fence! The Call For WVU

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Dee-Fense! Dee-Fence! The Call For WVU

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Butlereer Butlereer .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Bob Hertzel
    Muskets:

Dee-Fense! Dee-Fence! The Call For WVU MORGANOTWN, W.Va. — There is something happening here that makes this season seem different than others for We
    [See the full post at: Dee-Fense! Dee-Fence! The Call For WVU]

Ccteam
    Muskets:

I saw Stills tracking him and mighty impressed with his speed. The other impressive speed play was when Washington blitzed from the corner, Thompson drifted to the opposite side and was about to tuck and run it when Washington tracked him like a heat seeking missile and sacked him.

I saw Stills tracking him and mighty impressed with his speed. The other impressive speed play was when Washington blitzed from the corner, Thompson drifted to the opposite side and was about to tuck and run it when Washington tracked him like a heat seeking missile and sacked him.

EVERYONE KNOWS I’VE ADMIRED GIBBY’S WORK FOR A LONG TIME. HOLDING ANY BIG 12 TEAM TO NO TOUCHDOWNS IS A REMARKABLE ACHIEVEMENT. ALLOWING A FEW POINTS IS FAR MORE IMPORTANT THAN GIVING UP A FEW HUNDRED YARDS. IT’S THE DIFFERENT BETWEEN BEING ABLE TO JUMP ONTO YOUR ROOF AND BEING ABLE TO JUMP TO THE MOON.

TEXAS TECH WILL BE A MAJOR, MAJOR TEST FOR THE DEFENSE AND THE OFFENSE. I FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT ALTHOUGH, WITH 18 TO 22 YEAR OLDS, UNPREDICTABILITY IS A GIVEN, ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD, IN A CAR OR WITH FEMALES. IT WAS TRUE WHEN I WAS THAT AGE, AND IT PROBABLY WILL BE TRUE WHEN MY GRANDCHILDREN ARE MY AGE.

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14
    O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17
    U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence
    N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6
    T errorize Texas Tech
    A nnihilate Kansas
    I ncinerate Iowa State
    N ail Baylor
    E rectile dysfunction Texas
    E lectrify TCU
    R eam Oklahoma State
    S laughter Oklahoma

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets:

Biggest surprise this year is the depth of the DL. We have enough guys that can play without dropping off much talent wise that we can rotate at will and keep it fresh at the end of the game.

Still not a fan of the 3 man DL. Especially this year when we have problems at CB/S with enough talent to play man. Also we are so thin at LB we are playing some talented S there just to fill the gaps.

With all due respect to Gibby and what the D has done so far, we haven’t yet played a team with an offensive pulse. Let’s hold our accolades for next week. I hope I can believe. I want to believe. I need to believe. Make me a believer.

NoPittyHere
    Muskets:

Biggest surprise this year is the depth of the DL. We have enough guys that can play without dropping off much talent wise that we can rotate at will and keep it fresh at the end of the game.

Still not a fan of the 3 man DL. Especially this year when we have problems at CB/S with enough talent to play man. Also we are so thin at LB we are playing some talented S there just to fill the gaps.

With all due respect to Gibby and what the D has done so far, we haven’t yet played a team with an offensive pulse. Let’s hold our accolades for next week. I hope I can believe. I want to believe. I need to believe. Make me a believer.

Precisely how I feel. However, I firmly believe we have this one. 😉

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets:

Not trying to change anyone’s mind here, as I acknowledge that the 3-man vs. 4-man DL debate rises to the holy war levels of Canon vs. Nikon in photography or Apple vs. Intel\Microsoft in the IT world.

But, consider what a change to the 4-man does to run fits. It changes what the LBs and spur and bandit do. It’s not just like everything works the same. Teaching that takes time. If WVU does play some 4-man (and I think it will this year) it has to be pretty basic. So there won’t be as many blitzes or stunts, because you don’t want to cause mistakes due to players not knowing what to do.

Certainly agree WVU hasn’t faced a very good offense yet. TT and other B12 schools will gain yards. But can they score enough to win?

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets:

Two different items here Kevin. Can they score enough to win could mean our D has to stop them or their D can’t stop us.

Our O hasn’t faced a good D yet. And no, KSt isn’t a good D this year.

We know it will take time to install a full 4 man front package. But with oir woefully thin LB and scrambling to find adequate S & CB, extra pressure from the front 4 means these guys aren’t going to have to cover for that extra time. We could have been burned a few times Sat if KSt had a QB. There were too many times when KSt had well over 5 sec to scan the field when we brought only 3. Anf that’s with the 3 best we’ve had in a long time.

Just sayin’, a 4 man DL takes pressure off the DB’s.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Dee-Fense! Dee-Fence! The Call For WVU