Depth, Snap Counts Remain Issues For WVU Wideouts

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Depth, Snap Counts Remain Issues For WVU Wideouts

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mexman .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

WVU’s Depth Scarcity At Receiver Now Same As It Was In Fall Camp MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – There seems to be an ongoing fascination with West Virginia’s lac
    [See the full post at: Depth, Snap Counts Remain Issues For WVU Wideouts]

It’s always the question – do you want a couple of great ones or a bunch of good one? I’ll take a couple of great ones and pray there are no injuries.

I never really paid attention to this issue back in 2012 when Stedman and Tavon were tearing up defenses.  How much rest did those guys get?  It seemed to me like they were always on the field, but maybe it just felt that way because they were always making big plays when they were in.

The same was true in 2014 with Kevin White and Mario Alford. They were just too good to take off the field. That’s the same case this year with Sills, Ka’Raun, Gary Jennings and Marcus Simms. It may be nice to give them a little rest at times, but I’m not sure if I want them off the field at any point in a tight game, rest or not.

WHy not use McKoy for a number of plays earlier in the game and thus keep some freshness among the stalwarts later?

Same with Roberson – the defense is not going to key on those guys so they might even make a few plays.

Perhaps the logic needs to be flipped on its head and re-examined?

Absolutely would rather have a couple studs than a whole bunch of pretty good WR’s.   The studs will make the plays…..  Sills is a stud. White is a stud.  Jennings is a stud.  Most of the others are FR.  Give them time.

Butler, that isn’t kinda missing the point. The studs need a rest at times and the coaches are clearly saying it’s tough to take them out late as they have no reliable replacements, particularly in critical situations. That is why I was proposing more reps for McKoy and Roberson earlier in games to keep the others fresh and perhaps even catch the defense sleeping on them while focusing on the other, established guys. Just a thought. Anything better than wearing the studs down over and over.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Depth, Snap Counts Remain Issues For WVU Wideouts