Development Process Continuing For Tshiebwe, WVU

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Development Process Continuing For Tshiebwe, WVU

• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated by dawg8.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Development Process Continuing For Tshiebwe, WVU MORGANTOWN, W.Va — If there has been any lesson to be learned from the 7-1 start West Virginia’s men’
    [See the full post at: Development Process Continuing For Tshiebwe, WVU]

Good article…that is one of the things I like about Oscar’s game…the bank shot, and he bank’s it high off the glass
    as well as low. Mathews is good at it and so is Haley. Now if we could get Derek to bank !!!!

Nice article Bob. This explains a lot about our bigs and their shooting 5 ft and in. There have been threads about these guys not able to dunk the ball. Welp….. Blame that on Eric Martin. He’s forcing them to use the backboard to expand their game. That explains it. There was a short stint in the last game where DC dunked twice in a row and Emmitt once. My first reaction was …. Where did this come from? ……. That just never happened before. So, this article explains it.

The bank shot is valuable. So is a dunk. Some WVU players still have not mastered the art of going up high and strong while not exposing the basketball to steals in mid-air or easily blocked shots. The higher you are in the air before you release the ball the less it will be blocked or stolen. It’s a difficult technique. Not everyone is LeBron James. But I like this young team and I see the regular season as spring training for March Madness. As Neal Brown said about his football team: They won’t be freshmen when March Madness comes.

The backboard is there for reason and the reason and a good bank shot is great weapon. I think the dunk has hurt the bank shot. I was taught to use the backboard on layups.

Tim Duncan and Scottie Pippen made very nice livings with the bank shot.

Inconsistency is the only thing holding this young team back. Hopefully, as they mature through the season, that problem will decrease by March Madness time. All the elements of talent are there. It’s just shining up the diamonds, which Huggins is good at, are needed to make WVU a formidable force.

Baylor, Kansas and Texas Tech will make the Big 12 no cakewalk either. But that should, hopefully, only harden WVU for March Madness success.

It’s a long way till March. I will enjoy seeing what progress is made. And how consistent each player is.

Yes, the backboard serves it’s purpose. BUT …… On a break away a thundering dunk vs a finger roll bank ….. on an O rebound going up strong with both hands and slamming it thru vs laying it against the square ….. a lob pass and jam that shakes the backboard vs a tip to the basket …..
    an IN YOUR FACE DUNK vs a tip in off the board ….. ALL of the first will excite the crowd and our players and could have a negative effect on the opponent.

making foul shots…making any shot…wining the game with solid play. I would hope should
    excite the crowd and players. The should NOT be worried about crowd…right !!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Development Process Continuing For Tshiebwe, WVU