Doege Eligible For 2019 WVU Season

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Doege Eligible For 2019 WVU Season

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Greg Hunter Greg Hunter .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Doege Eligible For 2019 WVU Season MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — Bowling Green transfer quarterback Jarret Doege has received approval of his waiver for immedi
    [See the full post at: Doege Eligible For 2019 WVU Season]

I would hope that he plays in 4 or less games.  That would mean that Kendall/Allison are doing the job we expect.  Also gives us True FR / SO/ JR / SR / SR next year at QB. Spreads out the guys pretty evenly.

I’m guessing he gets the #2 and will be red shirt unless something major happens. But will Lowe now transfer as well?

I would think Lowe could fight it out for the starting job after Allison/Kendall graduate.  He’d have 2 years to start if he beat out Doege.

I don’t see that happening but it’s possible.

Don’t forget Allison. There has been a lot of those private practices. Who knows how he’s improved. But I think Brown prefers a mobile QB that can also pass. IMO

Neal Brown said in his presser today that even though Doege is immediately eligible, the plan is still to redshirt him this year. Though Brown didn’t say it, by being able to play this year, the redshirt rule would allow Doege to play in up to four games this year and still redshirt. Of course, you have other quarterbacks who also need game reps, so it will be interesting to see if Brown tries to get Doege some game work.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Doege Eligible For 2019 WVU Season