Doege says ……

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Doege says ……

• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Kinder.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

What do you think of me now?

I thought when Greene came in today it upset their rhythm.  Cost at least one second half timeout and maybe 2.  Not saying he won’t contribute in the future, but really need to pick your spots.

Doege was very humble in his interview after the game. Gave credit to the O-line and receivers and lauded the fans and atmosphere as being one of the best around. Said every game is a one game season when asked about the Ok St. game coming up. just get prepared!

Yep he was humble in the interview. Showed some class.

You have have to root for him, win or lose.

Actually many on this site proved you don’t have to root for him, but you should

I root for whoever gives us the best chance to succeed. I thought it was an odd point in the game to insert Greene. Iowa State was definitely ready for him.

Not trying to slam the kid but IMHO he’s just not a power 5 qb.  There was a reason he was at a MAC school.

I hope he can finish strong; we need him to play well!!!

I thought it was an odd point in the game to insert Greene.

HCNB is following his pattern with two QBs at Troy.  #2 gets called on for the third series. After that it’s a feel thing.

That pattern will make us predictable on the first three series…

Now as long as he is using that third possession to coach up the starting QB, explain what defensive looks we’re getting and how to exploit it… I’m okay with it.

Never really understood the reason for scripting plays ahead of time?
    Brandon Weeden (Rothesberger look alike), former Ok. St. QB, questioned the timing of Greene’s insertion. He thought that it disrupted the flow of success that Doege had in the previous series! He had a hot hand and was relegated to pulling a third and long after the first two downs got nothing.
    Scripting limits, if not denies, any type of adjustments to changes by the defense? Unless there is allowances to the script?
    Depends on what is actually meant by “scripting”!?
    Would love to see an explanation of what it really is in Brown’s terms!

Here’s a thought!
    Since the opposition supposedly knows what Greene’s going to do when inserted, run the ball, how about taking advantage of that with a pass, screen or reverse type response? Perfect time for a game change opportunity! Especially if the defense knows he’s in because of Brown’s auto script policy!?

That pattern will make us predictable on the first three series…

I certainly hope so, because WVU has been quite successful on its first couple of series in most every game.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Doege says ……