ESPN+

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Butlereer Butlereer .

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I have an iPhone, a smart TV and Roku, will I be able to stream the game on my TV with Roku or is Roku of any benefit for this game ?

You should be able to add ESPN+ to most any of your devices, but it is a subscription service that costs $4.99 a month, so be prepared for that.

Thanks, Greg…..I’m aware of the subscription fee but unsure of the technical requirements.

All available platforms listed in this thread.

Big12 Now \ ESPN+ Info

Also, note that there are 20 Big 12 conference hoop games on ESPN+ this year. WVU is involved in five.

I just got on Roku and the game(s) can be viewed on the TV. $4.99 month ain’t so bad & you can cancel anytime. I’m in.

There is a free trial, so you can do that and avoid the cost for now. But be aware that there are many WVU hoops games designated for ESPN+ so eventually you are just going to have to bite the bullet and pay the $4.99 monthly fee.

Turns out that I have a 2 year renewable agreement for $60.  I must have thought it was my regular subscription but hey, $30 per year for+ won’t hurt me.

My question is twofold.

With  one subscription can two people use the same subscription at the same time on two different devices?  Also, if I don’t have a Roku TV, apple tv, etc.  can I rig up a way to access it on a normal smart tv?

I used my Roku. First you have to have ESPN on your Roku. Then you can see at the top the ESPN+ which you can purchase. There are a LOT of college soccer matches on ESPN+ and college football like Akron vs. Kent State. It reminds me of ESPN’s startup days. I’m sure it will build as they force everyone into it. I can’t wait for 4:30 Saturday to enjoy the WVU-Kansas game. I suspect WVU basketball will be available there, too, when it’s not on Fox or ESPN.

With  one subscription can two people use the same subscription at the same time on two different devices?  Also, if I don’t have a Roku TV, apple tv, etc.  can I rig up a way to access it on a normal smart tv?

1) I have seen reports that say you can only log in on one device at a time.

2) If your TV can access the internet and has a web browser on it, then yes. Open the web browser and go to the ESPN+ site. Also, if you have a PC or MAC, and a way to connect that to your PC (via HDMI cable, for example) then you can access ESPN+ via your PC and watch it on your larger screen.

Thanks

One more way for ESPiN to get a few bucks out of your pocket.  Thank You Bob Bowlsby.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.