Even Big 12 Annie Oakley can have a bad game

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Even Big 12 Annie Oakley can have a bad game

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by wvucinci.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I watched the last 15 minutes of the Oklahoma State 74-69 upset of Texas Tech – 10 minutes of regulation and the overtime.

TT’s McClung, one of the best shooters in the Big 12, missed SIX shots in the final 5 minutes of regular and in overtime!

He was 7-16 in field goals, 1-5 in 3-pointers (!). One of McClung’s shots hit the rim, flew up higher than the backboard and dropped down BEHIND the backboard (out of bounds, of course).

So, when McBride or McNeil miss shots, remember that McClung, who gave WVU fits, does, too. And in critical situations.

This game was for 6th place in the Big 12. It’s critical because 7th place has to play an extra game in the Big 12 tournament (7, 8, 9 and 10 play first day to get the field down to a tidy 8 teams).

Man, was I relaxed watching this game! Nothing like my Pacemaker on supersonic speed watching the Texas-WVU bodyslam WWF contest!

Now for TCU at 7 p.m. Tuesday on ESPN2, the 2nd leg of the WVU Texas trifecta!

It is always insructive, I think, to watch a few other league games. Helps get some perspective.

I know Fran and Boog were hyping the 7th place angle, but that’s just as it stands now. TT behind OSU by 1.5 games, but the rescheduling to come could change that.

Whether it is TT, OK State, or Texas (probably unlikely to be someone else?) one of them is going to play that early game.  It might not be a bad thing for OK State, considering they are a young team.  Another game for experience before March Madness might be a good thing for them.  Will the grind of the season impact a young team more or less this year?  On one hand fewer games overall but then having to deal with Covid issues.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Even Big 12 Annie Oakley can have a bad game