Feds gonna get them…..

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Feds gonna get them…..

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ccteam .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets:

Blue Bloods in trouble. Documents prove paying players for a number of schools. “Impermissible benefits and preferential treatment for players and families of players at Duke, North Carolina, Texas, Kentucky, Michigan State, USC, Alabama and a host of other schools.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-federal-documents-detail-sweeping-potential-ncaa-violations-involving-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html

NoPittyHere
    Muskets:

Thanks. Sad that it takes THIS kind of exposure to point out how absolutely impotent the NCAA really is. “Epic failure?” Yeah, these clowns INVENTED the term. More than that though, this smells rotten. Like rotting flesh smells. At the core of that smell is corruption. Always has been, always will be.

At the very pinnacle of that corruption is what’s been “conveniently” covered up at North Carolina. For DECADES. Saying the coverup is disgusting doesn’t do it the justice it truly deserves. Not by ANY measure.

The irony in this stench is that these are schools that puff their chests out in how much superior they are to everyone else, regarding things like “academics.” What a load of pure, unadulterated bullshit.

Not to turn this into a P&R discussion, but this is EXACTLY what happens when one group enslaves another group, whether it involves chains or ropes–or empty promises to further an agenda.

This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the bullshit ads the NCAA puts out there with their heartwarming rainbows–this stuff is hardcore; full on greed; power grabbing. In concert by individuals that have seized power and exercise it, full throttle. Because they CAN. And your TV brings it to us all in glorious HD. And the pot grows larger and larger as we continue to tune into it.

Damn them all. It’s WAY past time to gut the entire NCAA–because not ONE of them has a SHRED of integrity. And hasn’t for a VERY long time.

POWVA
    Muskets:

Why don’t you tell us what you really think NoPitt.

NoPittyHere
    Muskets:

I would, but don’t have the time to peck in the voluminous reply that’s required–nor does anyone likely have the time to read it. Hence, the condensed version will just have to do…

POWVA
    Muskets:

I would, but don’t have the time to peck in the voluminous reply that’s required–nor does anyone likely have the time to read it. Hence, the condensed version will just have to do…

I liked the Readers Digest version.

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets:

NoPitty, we all feel your pain. The NCAA has no authority over the Blue Bloods because they generate the bulk of the money that runs this machine. If they would hold everybody to the same standards and put strict reprimands into place and adhere to them, this would never happen. It would level the playing field for everybody.

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets:

Sean Miller caught on tape talking $100,000 payment to land Deandre Ayton.

tried to post link. Didn’t work.

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets:

Google Sean Miller wire tap. You’ll find it.

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets:

It’s obvious more enforcement or some other changes need to be made. That said, I have to admit I hope that it doesn’t affect college sports in their current form (minus all the corruption that has been very well summarized in this thread). I know it’s old school to think of players putting it out there for the glory of old State U, but isn’t that just what Bob Huggins preaches as the cornerstone of his program?

It’s very difficult to figure out a way to get the student athletes money in a fair way and avoid it just becoming a bidding war, which is what some national writers like Andy Staples want. That may be a pipe dream on my part, but the best moments for me come in seeing the joy of competition and winning together in the face of odds or difficulty. That’s probably why I stayed up late and got up early to watch the US Women’s Hockey Team and the Men’s Curling Team compete in the wee hours.

Ccteam
    Muskets:

There’s always Division III. But even there a good athlete has a better shot at the academic scholarships.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Feds gonna get them…..