Grading The Mountaineers: Kansas State Report Card

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Grading The Mountaineers: Kansas State Report Card

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cuyahoga Falls Eers .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Grading The Mountaineers: Kansas State Report Card MORGANTOWN, W.Va.–The bar continues to be so high for West Virginia’s 2018 football team that even
    [See the full post at: Grading The Mountaineers: Kansas State Report Card]

Have to disagree on the defense grade. You have to account for who you are playing and today it was a very poor offensive unit.

6 points? OK but think ahead to what Kyler Murray would have done given the same windows/scenarios???? Scary to say the least.

I was very disappointed in the number of chunk plays surrendered.

Even considering A+ is homerism.

Looooooooooong way to go on that side of the ball. Will cost us a game and likely two.

Have to disagree on the defense grade. You have to account for who you are playing and today it was a very poor offensive unit.

6 points? OK but think ahead to what Kyler Murray would have done given the same windows/scenarios???? Scary to say the least.

I was very disappointed in the number of chunk plays surrendered.

Even considering A+ is homerism.

I GAVE THE DEFENSE AN “a” BEFORE AFTER THE GAME, BEFORE THE DRIVE HOME AND I SAW KEVIN’S GRADING. THE BOUNDARY CORNERS STILL HAVE PROBLEMS, BUT IMPROVED. THAT’S STILL AN AREA OF CONCERN.

I GAVE THE OFFENSE A “B,” SAME AS KEVIN, FOR THE STODGY START.

BUT ONCE GRIER GOT GOING, KANSAS STATE CONTINUALLY WAS RATTLED BY HIM. EVERY TIME A LINEBACKER CREPT TO STOP A RUN, GRIER THREW TO A RECEIVER IN THE VACATED AREA. GRIER HAS THIS TREMENDOUS ABILITY TO FIND THE OPEN RECEIVER (AND HE HAS 4 TO PICK FROM NEARLY EVERY PLAY) IN 3 TO 4 SECONDS.

THIS WAS THE MOST RATTLED AND CONFUSED I’VE EVER SEEN A BILL SNYDER TEAM. HIS TRADEMARK HAS BEEN A TEAM IN CONTROL OF ITSELF AND MAKING THE OTHER TEAM MAKE THE MISTAKES. THAT WAS HAPPENING IN THE FIRST QUARTER, BUT NOT FOR THE REST OF THE GAME.

WITH OKLAHOMA NEEDING OVERTIME TO BEAT ARMY, TCU LOSING TO BAYLOR, OKLAHOMA STATE HAVING ITS PROBLEM, THIS MAY BE THE YEAR FOR WVU TO FINALLY WEAR THE BIG 12 TITLE. LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF FOOTBALL LEFT BUT, BARRING AN INJURY TO GRIER, THIS COULD BE THE GOLDEN SEASON WE’VE ALL BEEN HOPING FOR.

AND, WITH TOP 10 TEAMS LOSING OR LOOKING BAD, WVU SHOULD BE IN THE TOP 10 WHEN THE RANKINGS COME OUT MONDAY.

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14
    O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17
    U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence
    N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6
    T errorize Texas Tech
    A nnihilate Kansas
    I ncinerate Iowa State
    N ail Baylor
    E rectile dysfunction Texas
    E lectrify TCU
    R eam Oklahoma State
    S laughter Oklahoma

Looooooooooong way to go on that side of the ball. Will cost us a game and likely two.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Grading The Mountaineers: Kansas State Report Card