Grading The Mountaineers: WVU vs. Kansas

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Grading The Mountaineers: WVU vs. Kansas

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  wvucinci .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Grading The Mountaineers: WVU vs. Kansas LAWRENCE, KANSAS–West Virginia may not have been perfect in its 29-24 victory at Kansas Saturday, but the Mou
    [See the full post at: Grading The Mountaineers: WVU vs. Kansas]

Greg.  How do you give the D a B-?  Did you grade them on the first half only?  Look what happened in the 2nd half.

overall performance….C+.The game was closer than it should have been .That was on the D.Yes, Kansas is much improved and were probably faster than us but, their last two drives were way too easy.

I don’t have a problem with these grades, as always could argue they are a tiny bit high.

Issues from the game

Defense:

-Lost contain on numerous plays and let the QB make several plays with his feet

-Seemingly poor communication among secondary. Guessing that Bailey thought he had inside help in the long TD and Washington released his guy with nobody over the top butvthankfully the sideline saved a huge play.

-Campbell was exposed on a couple plays on their first TD, assignment and athleticism.

OFFENSE:

-still far too many negative plays, line regressed a bit yesterday at times… overall progress could be claimed though if that makes any sense

-Simmons and Kendall not in same page on numerous plays – guessing that’s on Simmons

-need receivers to play better overall, too much talent not to produce

I saw the same missed plays by Campbell.  In his defense he did make at least one nice play that I remember, though do not really remember exactly when that occurred.  I will probably rewatch the game at some point to note when.  but I remember he closed into a hole quickly and essentially stopped the run for no or little gain with a very nice fundamentally sound tackle.  Since it was reported he missed most of the preseason and has only played in the last 2 games I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he just needs some more reps to get fully into game ready format.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Grading The Mountaineers: WVU vs. Kansas