Holgs vs officials ???

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Holgs vs officials ???

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Kinder Kevin Kinder .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets: 102,605

What was the discussion between Holgs and the officials at the end of the first possession? Holgs looked like he was going after them for something?

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets: 8,975

Didn’t see that one. There was one that was very pleasant, with laughs on both sides, during a later 1Q timeout.

Only time I saw him really upset at the refs was when they didn’t get his timeout call in the 2Q and initially called WVU for a delay.

Other coaches were bent, though, notably Matt Caponi on the fumble that WVU challenged and lost, and Joe Wickline on what should have been a targeting call when Jovani Haskins took a helmet to helmet hit.

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets: 102,605

I saw Wickline go off. The Jovani hit should have been called. Was watching the replay board on the fumble. Couldn’t tell exactly when the ball came out on the field replay but it sure looked like it was possibly ripped out before he was down.

Cuyahoga Falls Eers
    Muskets: 38,905

I saw Wickline go off. The Jovani hit should have been called. Was watching the replay board on the fumble. Couldn’t tell exactly when the ball came out on the field replay but it sure looked like it was possibly ripped out before he was down.

I’LL HAVE TO LOOK AT THE REPLAY OF THE BALL BEING RIPPED OUT AGAIN AT HOME. ON THE JUMBOTRON IS WAS A CLOSE CALL WHICH MADE IT TOUGH TO OVERCOME. I’LL WATCH IT ON MY REPLAY IN STOP ACTION TO SEE. BUT I CAN’T BLAME THE REFS IF THEY GOT IT WRONG.

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14
    O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17
    U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence
    N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6
    T errorize Texas Tech
    A nnihilate Kansas
    I ncinerate Iowa State
    N ail Baylor
    E rectile dysfunction Texas
    E lectrify TCU
    R eam Oklahoma State
    S laughter Oklahoma

Ccteam
    Muskets: 86,914

I thought the fumble should not have been over turned, it would have rightly been called that the play stands as called on the field. If there was evidence to confirm the call (which was what was done) then they must have seen angles that tv didn’t show.

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets: 8,975

The video board in the stadium shows the DVSport replays, which is what the replay official is looking at. It’s actually straight form his feed, so you’ll see it slo mo, or stop and start as the replay official looks at it. There’s even a clock that shows the replay review time.

I agree with cc – there just wasn’t enough to overturn it. From one angle it looked like the ball was coming loose as he went down, but at the moment his knee\leg hit the ground the ball was obscured.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Holgs vs officials ???