Holiday Break Could Interrupt WVU Momentum

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Holiday Break Could Interrupt WVU Momentum

• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated by dawg8.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Holiday Break Could Interrupt WVU Momentum MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — Holidays are always a good time, unless you are a basketball team with a 9-1 record and
    [See the full post at: Holiday Break Could Interrupt WVU Momentum]

Great article…Huggins is being nice, I bet it is unprintable what he really thinks. I said something in
    another post about thanking Gee…Oliver Luck…and Dana Holgerson. When they pushed to get into the Big 12.
    Those three only cared about the football program. Look at the two basketball programs…baseball…and the
    many other sport programs that now need to travel so many more times in a season. Shame on those three. People
    need to remember that these are STUDENT.

STUDENTS ??? Not according to the people pushing pay for play in CA.

WVU would definitely have had it easier in the ACC or SEC in terms of travel. However, WVU has been consistenly blocked by various ACC schools over the years — North Carolina most recently — in attempts to join. The SEC attempt was a good try, and progressed pretty far, but ultimately was too much of a shift, as it involved multiple schools, and fell apart.

So, I ask what was left? I can’t criticize Luck or Gee on this at all. Football is the driver, but they did care about other sports. This was simply a case of the positives of the Big 12 outweighing the negatives.

Look at the alternatives. WVU would have been in the American. It would have a budget of at least 35 million less. Would you, or anyone, be happy with that state of affairs, and still donate and attend and support while WVU’s national profile and ability to recruit dropped? OK with being Memphis or Cincinnati?

Without question.  (Quoting Kevin.)

We all play with the hand we’re dealt. That’s life. Those that succeed get on with it because they make the best of it. Those that don’t become quickly and forever embittered. It’s no more complicated than that.

All good points Kevin…Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Holiday Break Could Interrupt WVU Momentum