‘Hot Rod’ Documentary Will Bring Out A Range Of Emotions

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports ‘Hot Rod’ Documentary Will Bring Out A Range Of Emotions

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dropout71 .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Greg Hunter
    Greg Hunter
    Muskets:

‘Hot Rod’ Documentary Will Bring Out A Range Of Emotions It was a seed planted over three years ago, and since then the idea has grown to completion.
    [See the full post at: ‘Hot Rod’ Documentary Will Bring Out A Range Of Emotions]

TonyAlto
    Muskets:

Any chance ESPN picks it up?

Off note to anyone?
    Not sure but we’re Hot Rod and Charlie Huggins
    in high school at the same time? Wondered if
    Morgantown played Charleston in those ads?

Greg Hunter
    Greg Hunter
    Muskets:

At this point, ESPN has not indicated it will be picked up. The only broadcast companies to have an agreement in place at the moment are with AT&T SportsNet (both Pittsburgh and Rocky Mountain) and WV public broadcasting. I’m sure there will be wider distribution in the future, including a likely Internet stream, but at the moment, nothing is definite beyond what I’ve listed.

Charlie Huggins is a couple years older than Hot Rod. I’ll have to check to see if they ever played against each other in the state high school tournament. I’ll look that up and let you know.

Dropout71
    Muskets:

They faced each other in the state Class A (big school) semifinals in 1951 at the WVU Field House. Huggins scored what was then believed to be a state tourney-record 38 points to Hundley’s 29, but Charleston won, 78-60. Beckley then defeated Charleston in the finals.

TonyAlto
    Muskets:

They faced each other in the state Class A (big school) semifinals in 1951 at the WVU Field House. Huggins scored what was then believed to be a state tourney-record 38 points to Hundley’s 29, but Charleston won, 78-60. Beckley then defeated Charleston in the finals.

Did Dwane Wingler play then for Beckley?
    I believe he ended up at WVU from another school.
    Maybe all state a couple of years?

TonyAlto
    Muskets:

Did Dwane Wingler play then for Beckley?
    I believe he ended up at WVU from another school.
    Maybe all state a couple of years?

Dropout71
    Muskets:

One year too early for Wingler, who starred on Beckley’s 1952, 1953, and 1954 title teams.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports ‘Hot Rod’ Documentary Will Bring Out A Range Of Emotions