Hot Rod Hundley’s Life Told Brilliantly in New Film

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Hot Rod Hundley’s Life Told Brilliantly in New Film

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Shepherdstown Shepherdstown .

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hot Rod Hundley’s Life Told Brilliantly in New Film CHARLESTON, W.Va. — As a crowd of approximately 600 waited for the beginning of  “Hot Rod”, the l
    [See the full post at: Hot Rod Hundley’s Life Told Brilliantly in New Film]

It took me several hours to work through this. I really tried to distance myself and critique this film as dispassionately as possible.

Well, it wasn’t possible, so it this seems like I was gushing, apologies. But I was entranced and locked in. Just a masterful job. Run to your recording devices or set your calendars to watch it.

It’s really a shame that such a limited audience will have access
    to this film. Was the intention to present it only to a regional
    market?

The documentary will get a larger audience in the future. Besides dozens of airings on cable stations in Pittsburgh, Utah and out west, it will also be available on West Virginia Public TV. At some point in the future it will be available for streaming, though the details of that online access are still being worked out.

Any news on what Pgh stations will carry it and when? I suppose it will be ATT (ROOT). They are good for carrying a lot of WVU stuff.

“Hot Rod” will air on various TV channels. It will initially be available on April 3 at 7 p.m. on AT&T Sportsnet-Pittsburgh, April 8 at 7 p.m. on AT&T Sportsnet-Rocky Mountain and on April 16 at 8 p.m. on WVU Public Broadcasting stations. Each of the channels will rebroadcast the documentary multiple times over the next year. Eventually the plan is to stream the documentary online as well, but those details have not been completed yet.

” I want to go ………. Home”

That’s what Hot Rod said to his daughter in his last days. Home. Meaning to WV. That was home to him.

Really well done and glad I got to watch it on Root where I live.

Really enjoyed the Genes scenes.

The things from Gene’s were great. Lived two blocks from there one year of my WVU student career.

Ahhhhh, Gene’s. One stop shop for a beer, hot dog and a hair cut. They had the best crappy hot dogs in town.

AT&T Sports Pittsburgh (ROOT) will air Hot Rod’s film next Tues 4/10 at 7:00 pm and 12:00 midnight.
    Root usually airs the PIrates, but they have a day off between the Cubs home opener and 2nd game. Even if the opener is postponed I would think the Pirates game would be played as an afternoon game at Wrigley.

” I want to go ………. Home”

That’s what Hot Rod said to his daughter in his last days. Home. Meaning to WV. That was home to him.

So did Hot Rod get buried in West Virginia?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Hot Rod Hundley’s Life Told Brilliantly in New Film