Important Note For Those Parking At The Coliseum For Saturday’s Game

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Important Note For Those Parking At The Coliseum For Saturday’s Game

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Kinder.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

The WVU Coliseum parking lots will once again open to the general public for free parking on football game days, but a shortage of available busses will prevent the shuttle service operation from the venue to Milan Puskar Stadium.

Fans parking at the Coliseum will need to be prepared to walk to the stadium in absence of the shuttle service or make other arrangements. The ADA shuttle from the Coliseum to the stadium will be in operation for fans along with one guest.

The Coliseum RV lot will open, as usual, on Friday morning and continue through game day. RV customers accustomed to the shuttle service will also have to make other arrangements. Gameday parking on a single-game basis in the Gold and Purple lots is available for $20, and limited RV parking in the Green Lot is also available.

Hey Kevin just curious on shuttle service. I know they may be short on shuttles or driver but why don’t they run what they can. This is something that some folks really aren’t up to that walk. I mean limited shuttle is better than no shuttle.

If you provide a service, I think it has to be adequate to meet reasonable demand. If you say a shuttle is available but it isn’t sufficient to get everyone to the game and back in a reasonable time, that creates a lot of anger, even if you warn up front that it’s going to be limited.

Shuttle service has to be 100% or nothing.  At some of the night games the complaints were very vocal about the service being soooooo slooooowwww after the game.   People standing in line for 1/2 hour or more and the shuttle being shut off 2 hours after game time left many stranded.

The problem then wasn’t as much of there weren’t enough busses, but the traffic slowed things down so much that they couldn’t get people out of the lots.

In any case, providing a service that doesn’t meet the basic needs is a recipe for disaster.  The walk from the Coli to Stadium is way too long for many.   I wouldn’t be able to carry enough beer to get me thru that jaunt.  🙂

Several issues in play here.

Availability of drivers (have to have a CDL, it’s not like just anyone can hop in and drive a bus.

One area transportation service has closed its doors, and another does not have the lower end buses nececssary to make it cost effective.

Also liability – those that do have some buses are not making them available due to Covid.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Important Note For Those Parking At The Coliseum For Saturday’s Game