Individual Battles Set For Special Teams

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Individual Battles Set For Special Teams

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Kinder Kevin Kinder .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets:

Individual Battles Set For Special Teams In the first part of our look at special teams for the 2018 season, we focused on a whole squad look.  In tod
    [See the full post at: Individual Battles Set For Special Teams]

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets:

Kevin, What about Angus Davis. Isn’t he set to enroll end of the month?

I would think he’d be in the mix for some playing time. It’s not like a punter has to learn the playbook. He just gets his direction from the coach before he goes in. Punt it as high and as far as you can….. angle it to the left or right….. Put it on the 5 yd line and bounce it out of bounds at the 1.

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets:

He is, but I just limited my outlook to those that are on campus at the time of writing. If he comes in and crushes it – sure, he’s in the mix. I just wonder if it takes him a bit of time to get used to a real game going on around him.

Read an interesting thing about Australian rules football (footy) and its influence in developing Aussie punters. They control the ball so well with their kicks that the directional punting and distance control is more natural for them. Of course, the ball is much different, so that plays in as well.

Agree with your point, though. Kickers and long snappers are probably the most likely to break through early,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Individual Battles Set For Special Teams