Jarrett Doege is HORRIBLE, BUT…

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Jarrett Doege is HORRIBLE, BUT…

• This topic has 48 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated by BGDeuce.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Ccteam.  I agree.  The season is not over, and Oklahoma could still rise to the top.  But, I hope that Oklahoma State can get the win against Oklahoma.

Eugene, Not another guy who won’t answer?

First of all, you don’t like many frustrated fans don’t understand what you’re talking about. Your comments were not accurate regarding Greene’s plays. If you listened to NB during the first part of the season his biggest complaint of Greene was he wasn’t running the play the way it was designed, which means pass plays were called but he would just take off and run.

He seems to have gotten better at it but he was out with an injury Saturday and hasn’t seen much field before that lately.

I think he should be getting more time as well but I’m not in practice to see how these guys look. Criticism of things is warranted but it needs to be accurate instead of taking a machete to everything.

“First of all, you don’t”

Who are you addressing?

Greene was he wasn’t running the play the way it was designed, which means pass plays were called but he would just take off and run.

Major Harris did that and drove Nehlen nuts … till he saw The Major cross the goal line after zig-zagging all over the field. It’s not how you do it, it’s how many yards you get and how you get to the goal line.

We, as fans, don’t know what Green’s skill level is in the passing game, because he has not yet shown us  good pass technique or accuracy.  He may be better than we know, but until he begins passing when that’s the called play, we are blind on his skills.  Most often when a play is called, it leads to another, not yet called.  But, when a pass call is not followed, it could change another couple of plays

I have posted, perhaps prematurely, that the team would be better served if Greene becomes a receiver.  But, due to not really knowing his passing skill, he may become a better QB than what he has shown.

At this point in time, because of not having upper class men, I think that Coach Brown will go to the portal and try to secure the services of an upper class man QB.  Will he, or can he, I don’t have a clue.  But, he has little college experience at that position that he can count on.  Next year, he’ll have a soph, a red shirt freshman and a true freshman.  That’s not a lot of experience for the QB position.

Doege could still be around next year. We also should be looking in the portal for help. If either of those happen do you think all 3 of the other QB’s stay around?
    We know what we have in JD. Going into next year with 3 inexperienced young QB’s is hugely concerning.
    For that reason alone we need to see if either Greene or Crowder has the chops to step up.
    Hate to say this year is over, but we are in precarious sitiation leading to next year. 2 games may give us more insight if we need to hit the portal hard.

I’m not a coach, but as a fan and former member of WVU athletics… I personally don’t care if we play in a meaningless bowl game. I care about setting us up for the future, competing for conference championships, winning against rivals, and developing a killer instinct identity on the offensive side of the ball. With Doege this team has no identity. With a scrambling QB and run/speed option offense (even if temporary), we can make our offensive line look much better than what we are seeing in a pro style offense. Pick one: Crowder or Greene and let’s see what the young man’s got. Jarret Doege will never bring a conference championship to Morgantown and you can bookmarket 🙃. If Will Grier and Geno Smith couldn’t – what makes anyone confident that Doege can?

Comparing Garrett Greene to Major Harris now?

Holy crimony. Absurdity to the nth degree

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Jarrett Doege is HORRIBLE, BUT…