Lyons Interview, Part 4: There’s A Fine Line To Football Scheduling

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Lyons Interview, Part 4: There’s A Fine Line To Football Scheduling

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Kinder Kevin Kinder .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Greg Hunter
    Greg Hunter
    Muskets:

Lyons Interview, Part 4: There’s A Fine Line To Football Scheduling Each summer dating back to Fred Schaus, I’ve gotten a chance to sit down with West
    [See the full post at: Lyons Interview, Part 4: There’s A Fine Line To Football Scheduling]

JUSTBEATVTPITT
    Muskets:

Good interview series…thanks.

Martin Dodrill
    Muskets:

It seems the Committee is picking teams that have weak out of conference schedules…check Alabama and Georgia: they regularly play 8 conference games and one power 5 team for 9.
    I continue to think we are over scheduling ourselves compared to other power 5 teams…a 9 win season will have to be considered a darn good one

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets:

It seems the Committee is picking teams that have weak out of conference schedules…check Alabama and Georgia: they regularly play 8 conference games and one power 5 team for 9.
    I continue to think we are over scheduling ourselves compared to other power 5 teams…a 9 win season will have to be considered a darn good one

That’s definitely a concern of Greg’s and mine. However, as long as your two OOC P5 games aren’t Alabama and Ohio State every year, it should be manageable.

One other place it could hurt, though. If not in the CFP running, will the bowl matchmakers like an 8-4 or 9-3 WVU team with a P5 loaded schedule over, say, an OSU team with the same record or one more win against a lesser sched? The cynical side of me says no.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Lyons Interview, Part 4: There’s A Fine Line To Football Scheduling