Mazey Continues Push For Baseball Schedule Change

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Mazey Continues Push For Baseball Schedule Change

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Kinder Kevin Kinder .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mazey Continues Push For Baseball Schedule Change MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — The paint was not yet dry on the pretty picture that was West Virginia’s 9-4 vic
    [See the full post at: Mazey Continues Push For Baseball Schedule Change]

Well, what Mazey says not only makes sense, I believe that he is also right.  I’ve thought for years that college baseball should be a summer sport.  Of course, like many, many other things in life, because it just makes sense is very likely the exact reason it won’t happen.  I mean, why the hell would we want to do anything that makes sense?

Can’t deny any of his points.

3rd manager.  Play in the summer.  Increase schollies.   Take a look at the MLB attendance in April.  It’s very low and starts to increase in May, June, July ……. then the Pirates are below .500 and it goes back down…. but that’s not the point.

But playing at the end of May and June for regular season games would push the B12 Championship and College World Series into July and Aug.  What does this do to graduating SR’s?  That could be a big problem for many programs.

The southern schools are blocking this, because they know it’s a huge advantage for them to play at home in March and April when the weather is at least reasonable, while it gets ugly in the north.

I’ll be shocked if this ever passes.  Only way it will is if TV sports channels need more inventory, and by moving baseball avoids some basketball clashes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Mazey Continues Push For Baseball Schedule Change