More reliable barometer?

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports More reliable barometer?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ccteam .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Cuyahoga Falls Eers
    Muskets: 40,495

West Virginia will finish 3-2 if it repeats its first games against the next 5 teams.

Based on current standings, however, WVU would finish 4-1.

Standings don’t seem to mean much when Big 12 teams play..

WVU at Kansas lost earlier Jayhawks 2nd in Big 12 today

WVU at Baylor won earlier Bears 5th in Big 12 today

WVU hosts Iowa State lost earlier Cyclones LAST in Big 12

WVU hosts Texas Tech lost earlier Red Raiders 1st in Big 12 today

WVU at Texas won earlier Longhorns in 3-way tie for 7th in Big 12 today, 1 ahead of Iowa State

Greg Hunter
    Greg Hunter
    Muskets: 6,596

I agree that if we’ve learned anything about both the Mountaineers and the Big 12 as a whole this season, it’s impossible to predict.

WVU almost certainly has to go 5-0 in the final regular season games if it wants to win the Big 12 title. That’s a very daunting task, and while it’s unlikely, I’m not sure what to expect anytime West Virginia takes the court.

Dropout71
    Muskets: 13,040

WVU would go 2-3 if it repeats its earlier results against the five teams left on its schedule: W’s vs. Baylor and Texas; L’s vs. Kansas, Iowa State and Texas Tech.

Cuyahoga Falls Eers
    Muskets: 40,495

WVU would go 2-3 if it repeats its earlier results against the five teams left on its schedule: W’s vs. Baylor and Texas; L’s vs. Kansas, Iowa State and Texas Tech.

You’re right. NOt only that, WVU would be 3-2 if the result match the standings since both Kansas and Texas Tech are above WVU in the current standings.

Other than that,I got it right. 🙂

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets: 8,975

Until WVU beats Kansas once in Phog Allen, it’s tough to predict a win there. I can see beating any team at home, but the Baylor game is looking more difficult. The Bears have been playing very well of late, and we all know that it’s the thinnest of margins that separate teams in the Big 12.

That last Texas game on the road, too, could be critical. Could well determine WVU’s seed in the Big 12 Championship, not necessarily with Texas, but with everyone else around it.

A 4-1 finish would be great – that would put WVU in great shape to finish third in the league.

mexman
    Muskets: 40,170

We have beat Kansas twice at phog but somehow ended up with fewer points in the end.

A win today would be huge for this team’s confidence down the stretch.

Ccteam
    Muskets: 89,269

Let’s go Mountaineers!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports More reliable barometer?