Mountaineer Women Look To Rebuild Next Season

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Mountaineer Women Look To Rebuild Next Season

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Kinder.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mountaineer Women Look To Rebuild Next Season Who knows, this might have been the year for Mike Carey and his West Virginia’s women’s basketball team.
    [See the full post at: Mountaineer Women Look To Rebuild Next Season]

I was able to cover the Women this year for a number of games. If they can find some bigs and Theresa can get a little more physical then I think we are in pretty good shape provided we get Tynice back at full speed.

Ashley Jones did progress well and I think Destiny and Nia can contribute as well.

The one thing that will be key as well is if we can stay healthy. This was one brutal year but Coach Carey and his staff worked wonders with what he had.

It seems like the women’s team has been plagued with more than their fair share of injuries — especially knees — going back to the Yelena Leuchanka days. Tynice’s foot injury was just a terrible case of something good (making a national team tryout) going bad as she was injured there.

If WVU had her this past year, they easily make the NCAA tournament.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Mountaineer Women Look To Rebuild Next Season