Multiple Issues To Address For Holgorsen, WVU In Off Week

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Multiple Issues To Address For Holgorsen, WVU In Off Week

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  JAL .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets: 8,975

Multiple Issues To Address For Holgorsen, WVU In Off Week After watching his team move the ball very well through much of the first part of the season
    [See the full post at: Multiple Issues To Address For Holgorsen, WVU In Off Week]

Ccteam
    Muskets: 68,349

Play calling was absolutely atrocious. Calling same plays over and over again when they weren’t working. I guess should give the ISU staff credit for confusing Spavital and Grier. But the almost complete lack of short routes to vacant secondary areas when ISU consistently brought a safety on a blitz was confounding. Was I missing something? I kept expecting crossing routes into the space where the safety came from, but it just never happpened. Kept trying the home run ball. There had to be open spaces in the secondary. They were never exploited. I’m no football coach, so maybe it’s more complicated than I think. Can anyone enlighten me?

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets: 82,060

I was waiting for the same thing. Something quick and over the middle. Utilize the TE. Slip the RB out. Something short and quick to keep the DB’s honest. The openings were there, but we just didn’t plan for it. Throw it deep. Throw it deep again. Run it up the middle again and again and again.

If you do something that doesn’t work, try something new. Our coaches just didn’t make adjustments any time during the game.

JAL
    Muskets: 5,013

Think lack of scoring more an offense problem that better defenses, Ok State scored 42 on Iowa State the week before Iowa State shut down the WVU offense. Iowa State had plan to disrupt WVU and WVU never adjusted, as evidenced by all the sacks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Multiple Issues To Address For Holgorsen, WVU In Off Week