Neal Brown Pleased With Win At KU, But Still Sees Room For Improvement

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Neal Brown Pleased With Win At KU, But Still Sees Room For Improvement

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  wvucinci .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Neal Brown Pleased With Win At KU, But Still Sees Room For Improvement LAWRENCE, KANSAS–Neal Brown took about 30 seconds to enjoy his first road win a
    [See the full post at: Neal Brown Pleased With Win At KU, But Still Sees Room For Improvement]

He wouldn’t be a good coach if he didn’t see room for improvement. This staff has the players ready to do what they can to win the game. It’s like having a vehicle with parts missing and the engine miss fires at times. But the mechanic can keep it going until those parts are found.

we are pretty close on offense I think.  our receivers are young, and young receivers drop passes.  Even when their names were Jennings and Shorts.  But not so much as they matured.  I remember Bulger could not throw the deep ball his 1st year, even though he was a heck of a QB.  But he got better.  We could have won by 3 touchdowns today if everyone would have played just a little better.  I truly believe they play a little better their next time out.  It may not be good enough but I can’t wait to see it.

Pleased with the W.   But I don’t see how he can be pleased with Kansas just walking the ball down the field on us.  If they had another 60 seconds they would have walked it into the end zone for a W.   As well as the D played vs NCSt it took a left turn this week.

But looking at the stats sheet it looks like we found our running game and especially our power game with Leddie.

I guess we see the defensive performance differently.  We gave up a long pass play and then later a TD using our prevent defense.  you’re going to give up some long pass plays in a season.  we will probably give up another before the season is over.  we may even get one ourselves.  but you don’t use prevent defenses for 4 quarters and we will work on ours going forward and I have no doubt we will get better.  and they didn’t have another 60 seconds at the end.

my problem with the defense today was we got some pressure on the QB early and then not much after that.  Worse, we lost contain on him too many times.  we need to work on both those aspects but the QB today was much better than the one we faced last week.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Neal Brown Pleased With Win At KU, But Still Sees Room For Improvement