New coach for football

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports New coach for football

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated by Kevin KinderKevin Kinder.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Are there any rumors circulating around the most recent opening

With this being a LB spot, we again inquired about Jeff Casteel as a potential, but seems like if anything moves in that direction, it would be as an analyst.

Kentucky LB coach Jon Sumrall has been in past discussions, but would he leave the SEC for the Big 12?

WVU also has analyst Ron West on staff, who was rumored to be a candidate at least 3-4 times in the past. An elevation there might be a possibility.

I would hope NB hires an experienced coach and RECRUITER for this position.  Now is not the time to train someone.

I got burned out on Casteel just like I got burned out on Gibby.

Butler, are you referring to Sumrall or West as needing to be trained? Or is that more of a generic statement?

More of a generic statement.  But more than anything we do need a proven recruiter.

Got it. And agree that recruting is important. Not every coach has to be great, but considering the roster rebuild facing WVU and the fact that Pogue was quite enthusiastic and looked good in that regard, agree it’s one of the top considerations for this hire.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Secured By miniOrange