News, Notes & Rumors – 2/20

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports News, Notes & Rumors – 2/20

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Kinder Kevin Kinder .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Greg Hunter
    Greg Hunter
    Muskets: 6,596

News, Notes & Rumors – 2/20 Chuck Klausing, who was elected to the College Football Hall of Fame in 1998 and the WPIAL Hall of Fame in 2008, passe
    [See the full post at: News, Notes & Rumors – 2/20]

Gianojo
    Muskets: 16,735

Coach Klausing was funny and had some funny sayings like “You have to look like a football”. One of his greatest moves at WVU was to unknowingly use a bartender who was not a student to kick off in a game.Hilarious

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets: 8,975

That’s a great story. Do you know any more about it?

Papillion
    Muskets: 0

With those coaching records in his background, I wonder why he didn’t get the head job when Bowden left? Anyone know if he was seriously in consideration for it, or if he even interviewed?

Matt Keller
    Matt Keller
    Muskets: 8

Bowden was pushed out quite a bit by the fan base. Staff likely felt unwelcome.

Gianojo

Chuck had already committed to leave despite Coach Bowden telling him not to jump. Chuck committed to leave after Pitt game. Coach Bowden left after Peach Bowl.

Gianojo

Kevin. Check his book he may discuss it there. We had injuries and they had try outs. They selected two guys, one to kick off and one to kick extra points and field goals.  I think he may have later learned that they were not students from his daughter who was a student. That is my recollection .

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets: 8,975

Thanks for the additional info!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports News, Notes & Rumors – 2/20