Nexstar?

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Nexstar?

• This topic has 14 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated by ButlereerButlereer.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I know this was a thing last year. Could someone please re-fresh my memory and explain what channel this is or how to watch the BU game?

Thanks!

Nexstar is a media ownership company that produces, in conjunction with IMG, the WVU coaches shows, pregame shows, the spring football game and a few basketball games. It owns a boatload of TV stations, but for our purposes we’re looking at WOWK, WBOY, WTRF and WVNS.

I would guess that the game will be streamed also, will check on that today.

OK, thanks. Pretty sure I watched the Nexstar – broadcasted game last year (I’m in Harrisburg PA) but can’t remember which channel that was/is.

I was wondering the same thing. Comcast here, in Morgantown (which took off WBOY and gives me the Pittsburgh affiliate insted). Already, ESPiN and the dirty mouse has stolen five games from me, as I REFUSE to hand over one more hard earned nickle to them (catch MY stream!).

One benefit of not being able to get the TV games for me is that I’m forced to the radio
    with Tony and Tonto! You get more insight into the program and little ditties you don’t get with the tv cast bobos! Don’t know much about the ATT casts since we don’t get it here in Ohio and the wvusports.com is blacked out for some reason even though we don’t get the
    ATT station here!? I guess if you have a 200 mile antenna it counts!? I wonder who’s responsible for the blackout decision? FCC?

Hey Tony–I’m not averse to that at all. In fact, the last time ESPiN pulled that crap in the Kansas game in football, I listened to radio, REFUSING to give the dirty mouse any more of my money. That will NOT change with basketball.

Just got off the phone with Comcast, and it seems that I will not be able to watch this Friday’s contest with Boston U, nor the December 12 contest with Austin Peay (also in in the Coliseum). And then there are the five games that I won’t be able to watch (BOTH KU contests), thanks to the dirty mouse and the Big 12. That’s SEVEN GAMES total. And I pay more than $235 ($2,820/year) per month for TV and internet “services.”

Can I afford this? Yes. But I AM SICK OF THE GREED IMPOSED ON ME. My whole annual salary is a “night out” to these pricks. It stops HERE.

But like you said, there’s a LOT to be gleaned from listening to games on the radio. I did it as a kid for nearly all of them. And I’m ready to again. For ALL of them if need be.

One more thing–TC sounds pretty good through a Bose sound system–and FAR more intelligent than ANYTHING ESPiN has to offer!!!

BRAVO NoPittyHere, BRAVO….. I feel the same way. I’ll not give another penny to ESPiN to get ESPiN+ and all of the remote sports from oversease and college lacross, rowing and dance teams including the Disney channels that I have no need for.

Pitty – I was able to escape Michigan in 2007 and relocate back home to WV in Morgantown. Comcast has consistently screwed my brains out since getting here. Eliminating WBOY due Morgantown being in the Pittsburgh market was the most painful non-lubricated screw job. You would think that our District 1 congressman and our two US Senators would have enough juice to get the FCC to amend the current market area to move Morgantown & Preston County back into the Clarksburg market area.

Of course, when the change first happened the local politicians beat their chests and said that they’d go to war to get the change reversed. Typical – the local politicians are FAR better at doing nothing than the others. All they can think about is having Drag Queen Reading Day for the kids at the Morgantown library and then act astounded that the public pushed back on that.

One benefit of not being able to get the TV games for me is that I’m forced to the radio
    with Tony and Tonto! You get more insight into the program and little ditties you don’t get with the tv cast bobos! Don’t know much about the ATT casts since we don’t get it here in Ohio and the wvusports.com is blacked out for some reason even though we don’t get the
    ATT station here!? I guess if you have a 200 mile antenna it counts!? I wonder who’s responsible for the blackout decision? FCC?

I think the blackout is part of the deal with ATTSportsNet carrying some games. For those, if you are within a certain radius of WVU or the home market, then then stream is blacked out, because they want you to watch ATTSN.

I recently paid for the Disney/ Hulu/ ESPN+ bundle deal at $12.99/mo. We wanted to watch the original Star Wars series and the upcoming Marvel series anyway, so getting Hulu and ESPN+ was a bonus. Basically paying $4.33 for each channel.

I was just wondering this AM where I was going to see the game.Thanks for the info guys.I’m in the Charleston area. It looks like it’s WOWK for me.

There is a link up on WVU’s schedule page for a live stream:

https://wvusports.com/watch/?Live=3777&type=Live

Again, caution: if you are inside the ATTSN coverage area I think the stream will be blocked.

Stills51. you may have been watching WHAG out of Harrisburg.  That is the closest Nexstar station to Harrisburg.

According to WVU:

Stations in West Virginia carrying the telecast include WBOY (Clarksburg), WOWK (Charleston), WTRF My Ohio Valley (Wheeling) and WVNS ( Beckley).

It will also be available to everyone for free on WVUsports.com.

It’s only free if your provider is one of the ones listed. If not………

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Nexstar?